Ssszz sounds from left side

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anasramadhan

Club Guest
Hi everybody, For all members, hope you guys happy always. I have some question about my car, E46 2.0. During acceleration especially when you press the pedal a bit hard, there will be this weird sounds sssszzzzz... from the engine side (passenger). I noticed the sound if I stepped the pedal for overtake or climbing up. The sound will go off unless you press the pedal slow and steady. It is got to do with the fuel injection? just for your info, I just cleaned the injection recently. Another thing, for E46 2.O, I noticed the new facelift was also manufactured in 2001 especially for UK and Jap model . What I understand the model was introduced in 2002.Ok guys, have a nice weekend

yoo... i also exactly the same problem...... and my ride is a E36 318, 1995. Darn pretty annoying and it is damn load when the windows are down.

I think the sound is due to a leaky exhaust pipe, joint or something.

Am dismantling my whole exhaust setup this weekend and passing it to the exhaust blokes to plug in any holes. Another thing is that it might be the silencer's packing. Am checking that as well

Will let u know if it work.

;)

had the problem since it first day owning the car...never figure what was it all about. Do share if you find anything..

okay... suppose to get my exhaust plugged.. but one thing lead to another...

engine started leaking badly at multiple points. had to seal that up first b4 anything else.

top cover leaked, took it apart and sealed it and changed the timing chain in the process, found tensional jammed upon opening up but after a few times moving it, seems to be ok, so no change.

main pulley oil seal leaking, changed that as well. oil sump leaked (why so many leaks suddenly), took it out, in the process changed the rod cover bearings coz a bit loose(thought that contributed to the irritating knocking sound)

no time liao to sent to exhaust shop, so maybe next week loh.

blardy.. knocking sound still there and the irritating chirping sound upon acceleration still there. Knocking sound seems to be less.

!@#$ !!!! ... reach home... still got leak... aaiyah... now i suspect it is the oil filter mounting seals or the bottom cover seals.

hmmm.... come to think of it... i think the horrid knocking sound is due to insufficient oil pressure feeding up to the tappets/lifters. Oil pump is a hard thing to get to service. Think I will use some oils and see what happened after i seal the block up nice and proper.

as for the buzzing/chirping sound... i am still at a lost... darn tikus... susah nak tangkap.. kakakaakak. met thinks time for me to build a better mouse trap..

oh yeah.. my 2 sens...

sounds is like oil.
it may not seems to be where u hear the sound is where it is coming from... jeez... sounding like yoda. sounds travel via the whole car from one part to another

the ssszz... sound maybe due to...
1) final drive sound....
2) leaky window seal
3) notchy t-case
4) a sticker u forgot to tear out and flapping out there (believe me, took me some time to figure out why me wifey new car had that irritating buzzzing sound, found it was a sticker label stuck between the side mirrors)
5) some bearing giving way...
6) silencer packing... about to bungkus!!!
7) something loose in ya engine bay....

it could be your aircond valve or something like that(something to do with ya hot/cold water matter), cuz a friend of mine too had such kindda irritating sound.

if tappet / lifter sound ...time to do a frequent oil change lorrr ....

hope this helps

or else Sesat88...juz change the engine...rather spend 5K-7K to remedy..better change the engine..maybe 318i to 325i...

BOV = blow off valve

Found in forced-induced (eg. turbo) engines... usually (in stock form) the valve is venting the air back into the intake after the filter, but, in Ah Beng/Mat/Samy form, the BOV simply vents the air (from excess pressure when the throttle close to change gear, etc) back into the atmosphere, you will get the pssshhh sound... turbo cars goes like this:

VvvvrrrrrooooOOOMMMM, pssshhhh!

To take care a UDM, u need a reliable and experienced mechanic to identify the problem. There are many BMW workshop around that can do repair but not many BMW workshop are capable of identifying problems...especially problem related to sound. Most of them just try n error type with the money coming from you. You need a mechanic that willing to spend hours with your car untill problem resolve.

K.M. said:
To take care a UDM, u need a reliable and experienced mechanic to identify the problem. There are many BMW workshop around that can do repair but not many BMW workshop are capable of identifying problems...especially problem related to sound. Most of them just try n error type with the money coming from you. You need a mechanic that willing to spend hours with your car untill problem resolve.

its true bro..
do you have anybody to recommend to us..?
i've found nobody yet..

K.M.
No syok la.. change engine.....haf to find problem first mah. As of budget, won't reach till that figure la.... if surpass 2k, i will drop and put in twin cam liao or a 6 potter... kekekekek.. do i sense some racun coming my way ka?

...... !@#$ tikus.. wait till I get my hands on it!!!!!

LCP...

Hahaha.. got it! Cheers! BOV, I wonder local BMW got ka?

FYI,
Now got new BOV "all fart, no shit" technology..... pressure induce valve to simulated the turbo sound without running a t-system

sesat88 said:
if surpass 2k, i will drop and put in twin cam liao or a 6 potter... kekekekek..

how bout nissan RB2xDETT engine..?
with D indicates DOHC, E indicates EFI, TT indicates twin turbo..
also got Nissan Variable Cam System for the intake cam..

wah ha ha ha.. :D

aiyoyoyo-yoh!.. put that in a 318i?!!!...... i rather got find one nice skyline to play wit lerr... cheaper...and less headache..... haaahaah.
~300bhp++ (tuned) under the hood, all that power under your b*lls... kekekekekke... COOOOOOL!

I notti today... go play hooky from wurk.... and went down to the workshop.
Finally manage to catch that irritating tikus!!!

Yup, it was the exhaust. One leaky gasket and a torn "nenas" at the assembly. Changed those and now it's blissfully quiet when acceleration ..... except for that mercyless irratating tapping noise from the engine!!! Aaaiyah.. one more rat to kill...!!!! Now where did I put that racun tikus already?

p/s
no need to change engine liao for the time being... that's until my itch start to act up again. ;)

Top Bottom