Sprint Booster

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

three 18

Club Guest
G'Day,Was wondering if any one here tried this product. My mech recommended it to me. Looks like a wire with 2 plugs on each end. Its installed behind the accelerator pedal. Just unplug the ori, and add this extention in. Simple. I convince him to let me test it for a day. I find that, yes, better trottle response, even when tap lightly, the car just wanna accelerate away. And when tap a little harder, it drops to another gear to get more power. The cost of this device is RM1200.00. A bit hefty.But after testing it for a day yesterday, I'll be returning it today. Just for a simple reason, I find that its constantly on a 'sports' mode, which means consuming more fuel. But mech said not really, I beg to differ. Also, there's no HP increase.Of course this is just my opinion, would also appreaciate if any members can provide any further feedback, good or bad, for discussion purposes.More details here: http://www.sprint-booster.co.uk/

I'm on this sprint booster for a year now. Personally, for less than RM 1300, it is the best "kick" for money! Overall driveability improve 100% and the car is more responsive, even though overall torque & bhp did not increase! I know many Club members have installed theirs too and todate I have not heard of anybody who are not happy with it!

As for fuel consumption, impact was minimal as you will naturally adjust your right foot weight on the pedal after you are used to it. For the record, I used to get about 9km per litre and now around 8.6km per litre!

three 18;259243 said:

three18,
Yes, fully understand this article. I'm not a "mechanical engineer" to be able to quantify the facts & data but to a simple motorist who enjoy driving......my take out is, now I just need to tap the throttle and the car will surge forward. No need heavy footing like before.

p/s: just take a drive in a similiar model like yours without this sprint booster and you will be able to tell the difference within the first 5-10 meters.

If you have read my 1st post, I did try it for a day. In fact, its still in my car right now. I did mentioned earlier that it made a difference. I did not deny that. My only prob is just that I feel it consume more fuel than before, but of course that does not applies not to you. Common sense, more revs, more fuel needed. Am not a rocket scientist either.

Just like installing K&N filters, some say increase in HP, some say no diff, and some even say worst than before.

p.s. pls. lose the exclamation marks, sounds like you're piss.

hi guys....

a chat with one of the mech ensured me ...in the long run, the spring booster would not be good for the engine...

reason being: BMW engine has been mapped and caliberated to work perfectly within a certain range of RPM to match its torque, air flow, etc...putting in a sprint booster would alter this as it inevitably forces the torque to come in much much earlier at 2k rpm...i am afraid that in the long run, there will be repercussion in your engine calibration although i can't point out what...

:rock:

mr 318

with sprint or no sprintbooster at the end of the day the fuel consumption still up to your foot...sprintbooster is like power steering, you use less energy to turn bcos it is assisted..just like sprintbooster you use less foot angle to move the car bcos it is assisted....sumthing like that lah.

ps: I dun think jerman sounded piss at all, more like very excited about the product.

I have read through the entire SprintBooster website and still don't have a clue what that thing do.... until XXX clarifies above.. :D

Now it make little sense.. but for RM1,200.. :eek:

no lah for RM1200 still ok lah at least can feel difference mah...not like all those other stuff that claim can increase 20hp but no feeling also..

XXX;259372 said:
no lah for RM1200 still ok lah at least can feel difference mah...not like all those other stuff that claim can increase 20hp but no feeling also..

astroboy,
XXX is correct. With this gadget, 100% you can feel the difference.

brudderrrrr

when you molify to make your car go faster and then everyday drive fast fast what also faster kaput ma......but after modify you dont whack kau kau everyday also will last one mah...but you whack kau kau everyday got molify no molify what also kondem faster also mah..

i dont know my tranmission will kaput faster or not i just know im having fun driving my beemer hahahahahaha drive slow slow better drive kancil..hahahahhaa

OMG.
Save your money. Just press the gas more to get the same effect.
Also remember, its a quick throttle, so you're actually getting less throttle control.

cppeng;259406 said:
I heard from my mech, the transmission will kaput faster.

Maybe, but not in any significant amount. Tekan the car kuat-kuat la.

bro,
Yes, every comments above are correct...........if you wanna PLAY, you PAY!

XXX;259364 said:
mr 318

with sprint or no sprintbooster at the end of the day the fuel consumption still up to your foot...sprintbooster is like power steering, you use less energy to turn bcos it is assisted..just like sprintbooster you use less foot angle to move the car bcos it is assisted....sumthing like that lah.

ps: I dun think jerman sounded piss at all, more like very excited about the product.

Mr. XXX,

Point taken. I fully understand that, maybe I wasn't use to it as it tend to drop a gear faster than norm when tap a little harder...

Anyway, I've returned the product, and yes, the trottle respond is not like when am using it. But like what Daniel said, we just need to push a little harder, or my suggestion is just switch to sports mode.

Also, my apologies to Jerman if I've misjudge him/his intention.

Daniel;259460 said:
OMG.
Save your money. Just press the gas more to get the same effect.
Also remember, its a quick throttle, so you're actually getting less throttle control.

Daniel & Three 18,
Just for discussion sake only.........don't kill me, OK?

If we do a sprint, say over 100 metres from stand still (same engine capacity..etc), I think the car fitted with sprint booster will hit the tape first, yes?

Top Bottom