Spraying my rims

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

AndyInc

Club Guest
Hi guys,I've done some research in the forum regarding spraying / powder coating rims.But I couldn't get that far and since the topic is quite old, could anyone give me some refresher? :stupid:I want to powder coat my 19" rims black and leave the lips chrome as it is, but I don't know where and how much. Could y'all kindly advise? :listen:Thank you so much!

quite a few tire shops can do this. Shah Alam Tire in Sek15 Shah Alam to name one.

there is also a rim refurbish shop in USJ 1.

hup shun in segambut.

and one more in Kepong Industrial but cant remember the name.

feisaldzul, the rim refurbish shop in USJ 1 ok ah? Where exactly is it located?

what's the difference petween painting and coating.. which gives better and longer lasting result, and at what cost? need to refurbish a set myself. thanks..

mizhan;446625 said:
what's the difference petween painting and coating.. which gives better and longer lasting result, and at what cost? need to refurbish a set myself. thanks..

painted wheels chip easier compared to powdercoated wheels.

the powdercoating process involves spraying powder which clings to the surface by static electricity. it is then baked until the powder melts and cures.

the finish on powdercoated wheels will last much longer.

maxxsp;446638 said:
painted wheels chip easier compared to powdercoated wheels.

the powdercoating process involves spraying powder which clings to the surface by static electricity. it is then baked until the powder melts and cures.

the finish on powdercoated wheels will last much longer.

Thank you for the info. But do you know how much will they charge to powder coat for a 19" Breyton Spirit look? Just want it black on the spokes. And the lips biarkan dia as per original.

Thank you! :top:

Top Bottom