Speed Limited (speed cut) for Japan Spec car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
sachseelan;607982 said:
hi speed boys...

so is it normal if im doing 220kmh@5500rpm?

tq

For me , 210kmh = 5,000 rpm
220kmh = 5,200+ rpm

3.0 liter .. so , i guess - about there laaa ..

bmw7833;608195 said:
I presume u never reach the speed?

I did try mine 320i engine M52TUB20 210km/h and it still want to go but i got no ball liow.. ha..ha...

Did my car got speed cut bro ? Btw what is the max speed if there was a speed cut for Japan spec ?

off topic sikit...

how to know my car is which country spec?
2002/2005 as per Grant. CBU wt AP.
Origin of Car, imported from South Africa by Naza.

tq tq

Thank you.

sachseelan;608359 said:
off topic sikit...

tq tq

Thank you.

It means South Afrika specs? LOL

sachseelan;608359 said:
off topic sikit...

tq tq

Thank you.

Quite confusing jugak laaa

My VIN states - EU car/specs. Most likely - it was 'customised' when it was exported to Japan and then to Malaysia
My E90 states - SA - South Africa ..

535i;608945 said:
Quite confusing jugak laaa

My VIN states - EU car/specs. Most likely - it was 'customised' when it was exported to Japan and then to Malaysia
My E90 states - SA - South Africa ..

my E60 is the same as yours. shows EU/RHD.

sachseelan;607982 said:
hi speed boys...

so is it normal if im doing 220kmh@5500rpm?

tq

Digging up old thread to talk about top speed limit again, coz I just confirm to have this issue :22:

Hmm...I'm having 210km/h@5500rpm and couldn't move further. I wonder if any piggybacks could "open up" the limiter like jap cars could. I don't want to go through ECU change again as it's already cost me thousands to "make" the keys for what I have now.

A little bit frustrated.

seewai;733150 said:
Digging up old thread to talk about top speed limit again, coz I just confirm to have this issue :22:

Hmm...I'm having 210km/h@5500rpm and couldn't move further. I wonder if any piggybacks could "open up" the limiter like jap cars could. I don't want to go through ECU change again as it's already cost me thousands to "make" the keys for what I have now.

A little bit frustrated.

That's what BVO SG told me - piggy back will erase the speed cut. Did not try it though .. coz i prefer to cruise below 210 kmh .. (he he he ..)

seewai;733150 said:

A little bit frustrated.

Couldn't sleep last night, bro? Posting at 6am.

535i;733180 said:
That's what BVO SG told me - piggy back will erase the speed cut. Did not try it though .. coz i prefer to cruise below 210 kmh .. (he he he ..)

Kalau berani - disable your ASC button .. :) ... but be prepared to 'catch-your-tail' during hard cornering ..
You have been warned ..

haywire;733202 said:
Couldn't sleep last night, bro? Posting at 6am.

As mentioned in TT yesterday afternoon, I had night work, 9pm - 6am...the work just finished, so was browsing around the forum before leaving customer site :4:

535i;733207 said:
Kalau berani - disable your ASC button .. :) ... but be prepared to 'catch-your-tail' during hard cornering ..
You have been warned ..

Ok will only off ASC on long straights, eg MEX :)

johnj;733260 said:
How much would piggyback cost?

Never enquired for E39 but for Civic Type R I heard it could be anything from RM1k onwards, Unichip would be much more expensive.

Top Bottom