Sound from Front Center Console

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
There is an excellent windscreen mechanic next to Kanna Curry house in Sect 17. They repaired a fairly large chip on my colleague's Merc C230 and its amazingly non visible after the repair. Less than RM200 for it if i remember right.

E46Fanatic;474710 said:
There is an excellent windscreen mechanic next to Kanna Curry house in Sect 17. They repaired a fairly large chip on my colleague's Merc C230 and its amazingly non visible after the repair. Less than RM200 for it if i remember right.

can PM me the shop's name or the Street name.:top: I will check it out
Thanks

Etquah, my windscreen was whacked by a chunk of concrete falling off a truck a few months back and there was quite a big scar on the surface (but no crack). After a few months of windscreen wiper action, the scar has disappeared completely. So perhaps you can polish it off yourself and save the $$.

Another reason to save the $$ putting 3M film on the headlights. What's the point when the windscreen is so much larger a target? ;)

Schwepps;474810 said:
Etquah, my windscreen was whacked by a chunk of concrete falling off a truck a few months back and there was quite a big scar on the surface (but no crack). After a few months of windscreen wiper action, the scar has disappeared completely. So perhaps you can polish it off yourself and save the $$.

Another reason to save the $$ putting 3M film on the headlights. What's the point when the windscreen is so much larger a target? ;)

Ha ha. you are right in a way. Protect my headlight but can't protect my windscreen. But windscreen is insured Not the headlight. :wink: Will leave it for a while first to see whether the scar "improve" or not. I think mind had a line inside the windscreen, so it is more than scratch though it is small. If the line grows longer than I will submit claim for insurance b4 it expires.

I just collected a 5sen star chip on my windscreen during a balik kampung trip last Sunday... but got it taken cared of yesterday.. phew... thought I am RM4k poor for a while..

astroboy;476329 said:
I just collected a 5sen star chip on my windscreen during a balik kampung trip last Sunday... but got it taken cared of yesterday.. phew... thought I am RM4k poor for a while..

wah astroboy
how did u make it gone...cyril magic? he he

megatnh;476338 said:
wah astroboy
how did u make it gone...cyril magic? he he

Cyril magic? for 4K I also can do a Copperfield magic to make your windscreen look brand new.

Tiny chips can be mended with some chemical and the right amount of pressure on the right spot but if it's a long crack,no amount of magic is gonna f ix it la.And even if they tell you they can,it won't last long(been there,done that).

I think at the end of the day the moral of this whole story is to get your windscreen insured.It cost me somewhere in the region of RM400+ to insure the front windscreen of my E60 and I think it's worth the piece of mind.And if you're wondering whether the insurers will replace a whole windscreen just for a couple of chips....errr,I'll tell you how.PM me...hehehe:top:

Wait a minute,how did this thread transform from an issue over some irritating centre console sound to windscreens ah?...amazing

astroboy;476533 said:
Kanna Curry House.. :D

Really the 5sen chip gone completely ? How to go there ? I want him to take a look at my windscreen too.

Top Bottom