Something wrong

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yat325

Club Guest
guys n sifus.....last nite my e36 325 only can crank but sounds like the starter free....its like the starter free....not touching the flywheel....so let it park tepi jln n call my wife to fetch me......until now im thinking wat was it??? any of u guys experience this.....can crank but like the engine/starter free....so the engine tkble idup....

If ur car manual, can push the car and start it to drive to the nearest workshop...

starter.jpg

a picture of an e36 difference starter

something i pick up on the net.
I was thinking it was the pinion gear on the starter either stuck, rounded or something .
The solinoid also has a shunt that engages the starter with the flywheel. If that's faulty, the starter will spin but not engage.

guys tanx for the respons,,,,,its my starter crack...actualy the stater just bought new one....from that day until now it almost 2 yrs....i think the material r not the same...the old one must be more stronger than the new one....damm...luckly i still have spare one....goin to fix it by tomorrow......its crack at the ears,place to screw .....

I have a used e46 m52 starter, removed it when doing my manual conversion. I changed to a m20 starter. Used it

i have the type with the rods on the outside here spare, bought in error, apparently they dont interchange.

yat325;717660 said:
guys tanx for the respons,,,,,its my starter crack...actualy the stater just bought new one....from that day until now it almost 2 yrs....i think the material r not the same...the old one must be more stronger than the new one....damm...luckly i still have spare one....goin to fix it by tomorrow......its crack at the ears,place to screw .....

Hope it will settle by tomolow.. btw, nice avatar Yattt

cikgu....wait untill we meet at e39tt hehehe will let it u test drive it...

yat325;717739 said:
cikgu....wait untill we meet at e39tt hehehe will let it u test drive it...

I feel very much honoured...heheheheh

Top Bottom