Skirtings and 18' rims

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anomaly

Club Guest
Hi everyone, I am new here and I would to know where is the best place to add sport rims and skirtings onto my 318 (yr 2000). I know these things are available everywhere but where can I get quality ones at reasonable prices. Also, how much would these addons cost? Would appreciate all comments and suggestions. :D

Firstly I guess you have to tell us where are you from so that the Sifu's can direct you to the right place! For your info, Malaysia is damn big lah..... :p :p :p

oops :blush: im living in peninsular Malaysia, to be precise Subang Jaya. I am new to all these modifications and customisations, figure i could get a few pointers here from all the sifus :rolleyes:

again my questions are;

where can i get modification/customisations done?

how much would they cost? rims, suspension, body kit, m3 muffler?

thank you in advance all sifus!

bro anomaly... u can check out motorsport division, eurocar motorsport and auto tecnika for all the above...

wat bodykit are u intending to put??? mtech2, ac, hamann etc??? quite of number of bodykit for e46ers.

cheers

Originally posted by anomaly@Jul 7 2006, 06:00 PM
oops :blush: im living in peninsular Malaysia, to be precise Subang Jaya. I am new to all these modifications and customisations, figure i could get a few pointers here from all the sifus :rolleyes:

again my questions are;

where can i get modification/customisations done?

how much would they cost? rims, suspension, body kit, m3 muffler?

thank you in advance all sifus!

Dude,

Just head to the usual suspects in the Sunway Car-Mod area and you'll be spoilt for choice. But advice would be to speak to some e46 owners who have modded their UDM's so that you'll know which places to steer clear of and which ones are reputable.

Best thing to do is to attend the TT's and get to know the people....check out the cars and talk to the sifu's.

Cheers!

Thank you all for the info :D

Would anyone be able to tell me, on average, how much would adding a bodykit, sport rims and tyres, suspensions cost? I know prices differ across brands but on average how much would these cost or price range? Im thinking of setting a budget aside for this, hope someone can shed me a light :)

Originally posted by anomaly@Jul 10 2006, 12:57 PM
Thank you all for the info :D

Would anyone be able to tell me, on average, how much would adding a bodykit, sport rims and tyres, suspensions cost? I know prices differ across brands but on average how much would these cost or price range? Im thinking of setting a budget aside for this, hope someone can shed me a light :)

On the average (and this is by no means a definitive calculation by the way) the cost of modding the exterior of the car is as follows:-

1. REPLICA AC Type IV rims = RM1700 upwards (most go for ACS rims)
2. Add your tyres= approx RM600 per piece
3. Front bumper (MTec2 or M3 replica) = RM1688 upwards
4. side skirting = RM400 upwards
5. rear boot spoiler (M3 type) = RM300 upwards
6. ACS boot spoiler = RM **ask Motorsport Division or Eurocar for latest price**
6. Replica ACS exhaust tips =RM300 upwards
7. Angel Eyes CCFL Ver.2 = RM300 approx.
8. Electric foldable M3 type side mirrors = RM1500 upwards
9. Eibach lowering springs = RM1100 approx

Ofcourse all of this is really an estimate..... each person has their own tastes and so you really should check out the other e46 rides to see/gauge for yourself which mods you like.

Cheers!

Originally posted by anomaly@Jul 10 2006, 12:57 PM
I know prices differ across brands but on average how much would these cost or price range?
Bodykits can range from the RM2000 fibreglass replicas to RM20,000 originals (full kits) with the high quality PU replicas priced somewhere in between.

Same case with the rims. Replicas of major brands, ie ACS, Hamann etc. (without tires) can be sourced for maybe RM2-4K? Whereas the originals, brand new range from RM5000-RM15,000. Custom made rims are a different story altogether.

Suspension (absorbers with springs) setups range from RM3000-RM10,000.

thanks for the info, was told by some friends to avoid fibreglass and go for PU. guess i'll just do that :)

Top Bottom