Sifus... Please Guide Me On this Upgrades...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lipisbimmer

Club Guest
Allo Everyone,I think it's not too late to wish Selamat Hari Raya.... to everyone.... :D :D ok, here's the plan... maybe mid-term plan laa... not in the near future, considering the options first...1. are there any clutch plate upgrades for my car? (M20B25)2. maybe an LSD and a lightened flywheel too.... for the above items, approx how deep i have to dig in my pocket to source those items... is it worth the upgrade (HP's, torque increase)Please enlighten me ooo wise ones.... :wink: ThanksRegardsLipisBimmer

1. are there any clutch plate upgrades for my car? (M20B25)

2. maybe an LSD and a lightened flywheel too....

for the above items, approx how deep i have to dig in my pocket to source those items...

answers
1. yes there is, you need to ask for heavy duty clutch, most of the e30s use the pressure plate for the e34 m20b25 engines, but in your case you need to buy aftermarket ones

2. LSD for e34,12v engines are easy to find, but ratios are limited
3. lighten flywheel, you either skim it, and risk it breaking apart due to the high torque from the heavy duty clutch, or get a complete set from flywheel-lighten to the clutch,plate,bearings

4. how deep is your pocket? i dunno, coz i have not put my hand in your pocket.......you have to answer this yourself........

Originally posted by teejay@Nov 8 2005, 06:35 PM

4. how deep is your pocket? i dunno, coz i have not put my hand in your pocket.......you have to answer this yourself........

Really huh??? u want to put your hands in my pocket... :D :D

don't la.... u'll find almost everything in there :rofl: doraemon pocket... :D

anyway, thanks 4 the reply... any idea how much it will costs?

nak upgrade nampak...he he he
selamat hari raya and congratulations again on your newborn.
how's the car

doremon pocket got magic lar......!!!!
sure can get something inside.......

anyways, aftermarket clutch set with ligthen flywheel is about 2k-3k, depending on make, but you can rest assured the whole set is balanced for one another, and will probably outlast the car......if you are careful with the clutch that is......

LSD, range of 1k-1.8k

FYI lighten flywheels sometimes tend to make a rattle when engine is at idle, so if you do go this way, make sure you findout a matching set of clutch and plate, or else you will get stares at traffic lites as if your car is going to collapse........

Originally posted by hitman@Nov 9 2005, 05:10 PM
nak upgrade nampak...he he he
selamat hari raya and congratulations again on your newborn.
how's the car

ALAMAK... KANTOI LA PULAK NGAN GURU BESAR... :p

Hitman,

thanks 4 the wishes. kuih raya ada lagi ke?

long time no see... how's life treating u lately...

the car is running great.....

anyway, just asking around la, tgk2 mana tau dapat moolah terpijak ke, boleh la gatal2 tangan sikit.. heheh :D :D it's a long way to go laa bro....

Selamat Hari Raya to u too..... i'll call u bila i nak datang beraya kat umah u nanti...

regards

Originally posted by teejay@Nov 9 2005, 10:24 PM
doremon pocket got magic lar......!!!!
sure can get something inside.......

anyways, aftermarket clutch set with ligthen flywheel is about 2k-3k, depending on make, but you can rest assured the whole set is balanced for one another, and will probably outlast the car......if you are careful with the clutch that is......

LSD, range of 1k-1.8k

FYI lighten flywheels sometimes tend to make a rattle when engine is at idle, so if you do go this way, make sure you findout a matching set of clutch and plate, or else you will get stares at traffic lites as if your car is going to collapse........

THANKS FOR THE INFO MAN.....

p.s. just tell me what do u want from my pocket ? :D :D

hehehe.....

if i list, this forum not big enuff for my request.....hahahaha!!!!

its good to know about the market and those stuff too,
good luck on your upgrades, and congrats on your new baby......the other baby.......!!!!

Top Bottom