Shell V-Power out of stock...what the %#&*!?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ess530i;361299 said:
thx but too late...went to the 4th shell in kajang and they were out too...finally filled up at petronas. if all the stations were not replenishing their v-power, the reduction in fuel prices must be quite certain as these people r connected to the gomen n must have heard the 'internal' news. lets wait n see...

btw fabian do u know how hard or impossible it is to get a petrol kiosk license for a regular citizen? how often do u see a petrol kiosk up for sale? credit terms? who needs credit terms when ALL your customers pay CASH! whenever there is a price increase, do u know how much these people can make from the stock alone? there is no excuse for not replenishing ur premium fuel unless u dont consider the people buying them as important customers...

Ess530i...

Just for you to share with me..

On june 4th 08'... most of the dealers did not not know that it was going up by 79 cents a liter... the dealers all had 3 days stock in the city, highways is 6 days stock..
on the records shown, on 5th June 08, more than 2600 dealers had 10% left on that midnight.. hence no closing of station nor "stock Habis" tag at the pumps..nor any delivery that evening was not forthcoming..
Many stations had to buy the new petrol price the next day, my loss was RM80K extra for a new shipment for plus the 34,000 liters due the next day..
Gomen pay for the difference of rebate given ? None... some stations went bust...the margins made is just enough to cover daily running costs..
Now with the price reduction twice, my losses is 21K...
Gomen not giving us any compensation...

I't not the dealers that are making, it's the Gomen, they hold the price and the profits plus the tax..

As for the V-power, not many keep stock, cos the losses is bigger..

cheers..

BLaCkHoWLiNG;364583 said:
ramsing: jes go drill and create an alternate pump at your 'nearest' shell la..

sigh...i wish i can la. conect the pump straight to my house. too bad my family has no fisherman, otherwise can get some subsidies....:top:

B33mEr;361384 said:
wat sort of additives do they put in V-power to make it go more vroom??? or instead of more vroom they put cleaning or detergent additives to d engine cleaner??? all this while i thought they hv different octane rating between d economy and V-power ... i guess not

i think v power contains 15% ethanol...

can someone confirm and clarify.

:wink:

lingzhi;364719 said:
i think v power contains 15% ethanol...

can someone confirm and clarify.

:wink:

No. Is impossible to contain 15% Enthanol.
Most car's fuel will corrupt with more than 10% of Enthanol ( because Enthanol can assorb more water than gasoline).
Most car should run fine with E10 (10% Enthanol).
To promote going "green" & less , contries in NA & EU mandate gas station to have at least 5% or 10% Ethanol(depend on region)
But Malaysia have no regulation on this (thanks god!)

Gasoline in Malaysia should be 99% pure gasoline.
Yes, you gain good amount of Octane with Ethanol, but you also loose near 20% of energy running Ethanol.

turbology;364745 said:
No. Is impossible to contain 15% Enthanol.
Most car's fuel will corrupt with more than 10% of Enthanol ( because Enthanol can assorb more water than gasoline).
Most car should run fine with E10 (10% Enthanol).
To promote going "green" & less , contries in NA & EU mandate gas station to have at least 5% or 10% Ethanol(depend on region)
But Malaysia have no regulation on this (thanks god!)

Gasoline in Malaysia should be 99% pure gasoline.
Yes, you gain good amount of Octane with Ethanol, but you also loose near 20% of energy running Ethanol.

i tot its good if we can have methanol/ethanol combo with regular gas, to provide the cooling effect for a better bang. not only do you go green, but u can also have more power. as what NOS used to achieve, biofuel can also provide.

the koeenigsix(wrong speeling laaa..) is a good example of how biofuel can help boost the performance of a car.

E85 is an alcohol fuel mixture that typically contains a mixture of up to 85% denatured fuel ethanol and gasoline

ramsing;364754 said:
as what NOS used to achieve, biofuel can also provide.

No way. LOL.

NOS is a performance brand that sell Nitrous Oxide products. :)
Nitrous Oxide N2O, decompose into Nitrogen and Oxygen when reach temperature of 1300c (sea level, less in engine due to higher pressure) Compare to atmospheric air which oxygen at 20%, N2O provide more oxygen to combustion enigne when it break down, thus allow engine to burn more fuel with extra oxygen. The expansion of liquid Nitrous Oxide (how it is store) also help to drop intake temperature thus provide denser air. Cooling the intake air is not what you use Nitrous Oxide for.

Ethanol.
The only good thing about Ethanol is it contain much higher Octane rating than gasoline.
But it also has less energy rating than gasoline. To archieve same energy, you need about 138% of E85 to archieve regular gasoline BTU.

Then how Koenigsegg CCXR achieve its performance?
Use more fuel!
Because of Ethanol, engineers allow to have higher boost in the engine (to archieve higher cylinders pressure) & longer and leaner burning . Detonations also reduced due to Ethanol higher cooling effects. (which allow higher boost possible, like methanol-injections).
That is why CCXR use more fuel then CCX. :D

i always thought petrol dealers make lotsa money. the only business where economy up or down still ppl need fuel (and food)

latest price for v-power is RM2.85/lt & i'm seeing more shell stations sellin v-power than b4 maybe cause demand increased from the people who benefited from the fuel hike

Top Bottom