Shell V-Power out of stock...what the %#&*!?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ess530i

Club Guest
went to 3 Shell stations around cheras/kajang area this morning & all were out of stock for V-power...what in the world is happenin??

its called ' i want more profit so f--k the customers' policy and lack of of gomen enforcement la. buy petronas la.

Shell V-power is 97 octane.
Same as Shell Super, and other cheaper alternative.
Cheers

V-Power got more Power... with some special additives. hehe... so good for his SC ma

bimmerdude;361178 said:
its called ' i want more profit so f--k the customers' policy and lack of of gomen enforcement la. buy petronas la.

could be due to this announcement:

Thursday October 2, 2008 MYT 7:29:47 PM
Fuel prices could go down further: Shahrir
By JANE RITIKOS

KUALA LUMPUR: There is a chance of a further reduction in pump prices if the average world crude oil price for this month is below US$104 per barrel, said Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Shahrir Abdul Samad.

“If the world crude oil price continues to drop and averages at below US$104 per barrel for October there is a chance we can reduce further the pump prices for November.

“If it doesn’t then there will be no change in prices,” he said Wednesday at the Hari Raya open house hosted by the Prime Minister and his Muslim cabinet ministers at the Putra World Trade Centre.

The last fuel price review was done on Sept 24 when the Government announced a 10sen reduction bringing the prices of petrol and diesel to RM2.45 and RM2.40 per litre respectively.

On the shortage of fuel in some petrol stations, Shahrir said the reason was because the station operators could not make their cash before delivery (CBD) payments for their fuel supply as banks were closed for the current Hari Raya holiday and weekends.

“The stations should come up with a business system which addresses the problem of banks being closed during public holidays, festive seasons and weekends,” he said.

Shahrir also said that station operators should not blame the shortage on the Government’s announcement of fuel price reduction. He said this was unacceptable.

The Petroleum Dealers Association of Malaysia had said that dealers had been reluctant to increase their stock in advance due to speculation that fuel prices would be cut.

Shahrir said the operators were being selfish by asking the Government to delay the announcement of the fuel price reduction.

“The Government will not delay it because we need to immediately give the benefit to consumers,” he said.

Shahrir said it was unreasonable for the operators to say they were making losses due to the price reduction, and pointed out that the reduction was also followed by an increased demand for fuel.

“The operators made less profit because of the price reduction but no losses. Their margin is 12sen per liter so if we reduce pump prices by 10sen per liter they still make 2sen. It’s making less profit, not being in a dire state,” he said.

He added that the ministry would investigate to see whether there was sabotage, deliberate shortage of supply or if there was a protest.

i've tried several shell stations, no v power. i asked the guy at the station and he told me they placed order but no supply from shell. how true???

Like that also can ah?! I thought the normal RON97 should be more popular and finish first, V Power also can no stock ah?

chairoger;361211 said:
Like that also can ah?! I thought the normal RON97 should be more popular and finish first, V Power also can no stock ah?

i think they dont want to replenish v-power stock cause the fuel is slow moving therefore higher risk of loss should our gomen decide to reduce the prices....again

the stations & our gomen are playing the blame game now...

Dealers association blame Gov.

but when prices went up and they made handsome profits i don't see them complaining.

my 2 cents (rounded down to 0 cents) : Dealers are also cronified

Well, they always want to take but not give back...

AlexNg;361218 said:
Dealers association blame Gov.

but when prices went up and they made handsome profits i don't see them complaining.

my 2 cents (rounded down to 0 cents) : Dealers are also cronified

they should just let it float la...and remove all the other rubbish taxes. at least then we can have petrol price wars and better quality fuel

ess530....shell station along Jln University got V-Power. facing KFC, next to UH.

From what I heard, petrol station business here isn't all the glory and profitable. 12sen a liter isn't a lot for a low and mid volume petrol station. Overhead is high and they have to pay in advance to buy fuel aka no credit terms. A reduction of 10sen/liter is a lot if you are in their position... Looks like there won't be a win win situation...

I wonder how petrol stations in other countries work where the price isnt controlled.

ramsing;361284 said:
they should just let it float la...and remove all the other rubbish taxes. at least then we can have petrol price wars and better quality fuel

ess530....shell station along Jln University got V-Power. facing KFC, next to UH.

thx but too late...went to the 4th shell in kajang and they were out too...finally filled up at petronas. if all the stations were not replenishing their v-power, the reduction in fuel prices must be quite certain as these people r connected to the gomen n must have heard the 'internal' news. lets wait n see...

btw fabian do u know how hard or impossible it is to get a petrol kiosk license for a regular citizen? how often do u see a petrol kiosk up for sale? credit terms? who needs credit terms when ALL your customers pay CASH! whenever there is a price increase, do u know how much these people can make from the stock alone? there is no excuse for not replenishing ur premium fuel unless u dont consider the people buying them as important customers...

AlexNg;361185 said:
V-Power got more Power... with some special additives. hehe... so good for his SC ma

Email from Shell comfirmed octane number for V-power and Super are the same.
You won't find extra performance benefit from "special addivtives" v-power.

If you want more octane, mix yourself ;)

turbology;361300 said:
Email from Shell comfirmed octane number for V-power and Super are the same.
You won't find extra performance benefit from "special addivtives" v-power.

If you want more octane, mix yourself ;)

how true? pls share.

wat sort of additives do they put in V-power to make it go more vroom??? or instead of more vroom they put cleaning or detergent additives to d engine cleaner??? all this while i thought they hv different octane rating between d economy and V-power ... i guess not

Top Bottom