Seriously Considering

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JamalSaat

Official Member
Hi, Greeting from Kuantan.Just joined the club to find resources to help in my decision.Have been driving a Passat B6 and seriously considering buying my first BMW.Originally considering E60, then start looking at the new F30 then itchy for the new F10. Wow! 528 would be a dream, but too stretch to reach. Love the 328i power but not the comfort, prefer the 520i comfort but power not as 328i and slightly stretching on budget, still can consider (with "just do it"). Mind has not tuned to "d" for luxury car as yet.Hope to get some 'ilham' from reading after reading in this forum, and advise from some sifus in the group once met.Will join as OM once settled.regards.

Hi,East coast chapter guys are a happening bunch,
surely they will give some ilham if u do meet them.
TTs are held in Kemaman/Kuantan.

anyway,welcome to the forum!
looking forward to have you onboard as an OM

Bro Jamal.

Kalau free mlm ni, leh gi Chukai, kenal2 dgn sek2 east coast ... :top:

js7237;789420 said:
Hi,

Greeting from Kuantan.
Just joined the club to find resources to help in my decision.
Have been driving a Passat B6 and seriously considering buying my first BMW.

Originally considering E60, then start looking at the new F30 then itchy for the new F10.
Wow! 528 would be a dream, but too stretch to reach. Love the 328i power but not the comfort, prefer the 520i comfort but power not as 328i and slightly stretching on budget, still can consider (with "just do it"). Mind has not tuned to "d" for luxury car as yet.

Hope to get some 'ilham' from reading after reading in this forum, and advise from some sifus in the group once met.

Will join as OM once settled.

regards.

Welcome bro to the geng... was using a Passat B6 before this too. Got myself an F30 320i and never turned back.

If your budget is stretched now, go for the 320i and later mod it up (part of the fun). The tuning may not reach the capabilities of a 328i but it will be interesting enuf. there are a lot of sifus here that we can learn from... but makan antidote banyak2 coz gile banyak racunz kat sini!!!

Wow, hapening sungguh TT ist koh. Banyak nasihat & guidance.

Ilhamnya masih samar lagi, macam 520d, ikut nasihat tok ketua.

Sabtu ni cari ilham lagi kat segambut dgn dia.

Thanks Akhie.

Very encouraging to hear this from someone who was using B6 changed to F30.

After last nite TT, I need to decide if I need the comfort of F10 or performance of F30. The comfort of F10 with performance is out of reach. If 520 matches B6 performance, I may just close one eye and go for 520, my first test drive with 520i don't feel that it matches the B6 performance. Will review more with the help of sifus here.

Akhie;789762 said:
Welcome bro to the geng... was using a Passat B6 before this too. Got myself an F30 320i and never turned back.

If your budget is stretched now, go for the 320i and later mod it up (part of the fun). The tuning may not reach the capabilities of a 328i but it will be interesting enuf. there are a lot of sifus here that we can learn from... but makan antidote banyak2 coz gile banyak racunz kat sini!!!

Was in the same predicament as you two months ago. Finally went with the 328i. More 'oommph' than 520i.

js7237;789979 said:
Bagi hujah lah sikit bro, nape d not i.
Mind pun nak tune to accept diesel.

Okay.

520i
135kw/184 hp
270nm
MYR358,800

520d
135kW/184hp
380nm
MYR333,800

Topspeed and acceleration to 100kmh are almost identical at 225-226kmh and 8-8.1sec respectively.

But the main difference will be on the FC 6.4 vs 4.7l/100 km for combined driving

Pricewise 520d < 520i

So there you go.

*hint*

after chipping with Racechip Ultimate,
engine figures :

520i
165kW/224HP
325nm

520d
175kw/238HP
500nm

Top Bottom