Self levelling suspension

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gregcwho

Club Guest
Hi to all sifus....Driving in my E32 91' 730iL is almost like sitting on a horse...getting a nice lift whenever the rear goes over a bump!!Inspection of the rear suspension by my mechanic confirmed both the accumulators kong already but he also mentioned I would need to replace the coils & absorbers as well...ahh!!!His opinion is that to replace back to original specs i.e self levelling would be best but the cost...:eek: Any opinions on converting it to normal suspension & any experience of the ride comfort after conversion?First Beemer..a bit blur..looks like kena Banyak Makan Wang/Masuk Workshop syndrome already....:stupid: Appreciate any replies/opinions/info....Most US/UK forums visited indicate they tend to delete i.e change it to normal shocks.Cheers..:)

greg, too bad. u & me have the same predicament. My "ignorant" mechanic poured ATF fluid instead of the pitoscin (?) fluid for my suspensions. Now Khong!!!
I wanted to change it to normal susopension but, the other NON- iL's couldn't be retro fitted to our E32 iLs!!! Tsk, tsk....
Will definitely get it modified by one reputable co here in my home town.

Apart from that, I changed the gearbox and the V8 engine too....$$$$$$$$fly.....

gempark, of course back to BMW V8.

In actual fact, I tried to sacrilaged to other made, but in the end decided not to. Sayanglah. Think shudn't hv bot it if not tahan!

Thinking of respraying the external! Currently dark green. Any suggestion?

I'll be changing my E32 740il V8 engine to a 3 litre V8 engine this week. hope it turns out ok.

As for color suggestions, I've always like black cars :love:

the self levelling suspension is not that hard to fix

the accumalators are pretty cheap and the shocks should be about 1k a piece, and they last 3 time the lifecycle of the normal ones

the major cost is the power steering pump shoud it die

plus be very careful about using the right fluids

the ride is magic!

Black? White?
Thk will settle for white with black shinny trims.

Idiot (me): Errrr.....wud the power steering pump need changing too together w the hydraulic suspension?

Good luck Gempark. Where are u doing the conversion? How much will it cost? Engine only, how much?
Keep me update.

gempark;280744 said:
I'll be changing my E32 740il V8 engine to a 3 litre V8 engine this week. hope it turns out ok.

gempark,

why u wan tu convert to 3l from 4l...solid 290 bhp to 218 bhp??

Update on suspension...

Changed the shocks & accumulator,flushed out the old stuff & put in fresh Pitoscin...used about 2 litres of Pitoscin in total...

The ride was fantastic.....well worth the 3K spent...

Cheers :)

Rear Balls

My experiened is that after changing two of the rear hydraulic balls.
The car gave me good bounce.
It costed some 350 per piece.

No worries mate..

gregcwho;277113 said:
Hi to all sifus....

Driving in my E32 91' 730iL is almost like sitting on a horse...getting a nice lift whenever the rear goes over a bump!!

Inspection of the rear suspension by my mechanic confirmed both the accumulators kong already but he also mentioned I would need to replace the coils & absorbers as well...ahh!!!

His opinion is that to replace back to original specs i.e self levelling would be best but the cost...:eek:

Any opinions on converting it to normal suspension & any experience of the ride comfort after conversion?

First Beemer..a bit blur..looks like kena Banyak Makan Wang/Masuk Workshop syndrome already....:stupid:

Appreciate any replies/opinions/info....

Most US/UK forums visited indicate they tend to delete i.e change it to normal shocks.

Cheers..:)

Juz change da two rear hydraulic balls will give you godd soft ride mate. No worries. All in with labour below 1k bah..

Pls share mate..

Oh! Shit man..
U changed the engine?
Is'nt better to be original?
Actually my mechanic recommended me to change my mistress from da 730iL to da 735i bah. He said better power and most suitable for the huge size of ma mistress bah,

So, pls share with how ur mistress doing after replacing yo?

rgds..

shamoo700;278928 said:
greg, too bad. u & me have the same predicament. My "ignorant" mechanic poured ATF fluid instead of the pitoscin (?) fluid for my suspensions. Now Khong!!!
I wanted to change it to normal susopension but, the other NON- iL's couldn't be retro fitted to our E32 iLs!!! Tsk, tsk....
Will definitely get it modified by one reputable co here in my home town.

Apart from that, I changed the gearbox and the V8 engine too....$$$$$$$$fly.....

Oh! Shit man..
U changed the engine?
Is'nt better to be original?
Actually my mechanic recommended me to change my mistress from da 730iL to da 735i bah. He said better power and most suitable for the huge size of ma mistress bah,

So, pls share with how ur mistress doing after replacing yo?

rgds..

Thou can'y find forum here with da 730i E32.
Keep it rolling mate.

Juz to share.
I liked the iron horse, coz of da size.
I bought it after many hands and still all in ori condition.
Its a real bargain at 25k.
As for the tax & fuel. I'm not bother.
Coz, hardly move around.
My mistress said, it looked BIG, strong and friendly.
But, I think, its Cheap, Gud & plenty big size..

skbmw730il;295429 said:
Juz change da two rear hydraulic balls will give you godd soft ride mate. No worries. All in with labour below 1k bah..

All depends...if your shocks are not leaking & intact then changing the accumulators would be ok.

In my case,one of the shocks was leaking so the previous owner capped the whole system...

So had to change both shocks & accumulator....
Lucky it was not the electronic self leveling type if not pocket would have been blown to bits...

Cheers :)

Hi. I'm back. Sorry for such a long absence. Been busy renovating.

First & foremost, skbmw730iL, u Sabahan kah? What color is your e32?

Gempark, did you need change the power steering pump?

FYI, initially my e32 was a 4L. I bot it in when it was already converted to a 3.0L. Now, I've just done with replacing it with the same cc. My crankshaft were eaten by donno what. Had to folk out a hefty 5 grand for the replacement.

Currently waiting for my mechanic to finish his job at replacing my faulty gearbox. Then will need to fix my rear suspension. Thank god its replacement will not cost a bomb.

self leveling at rear

gregcwho;277113 said:
Hi to all sifus....

Driving in my E32 91' 730iL is almost like sitting on a horse...getting a nice lift whenever the rear goes over a bump!!

Inspection of the rear suspension by my mechanic confirmed both the accumulators kong already but he also mentioned I would need to replace the coils & absorbers as well...ahh!!!

His opinion is that to replace back to original specs i.e self levelling would be best but the cost...:eek:

Any opinions on converting it to normal suspension & any experience of the ride comfort after conversion?

First Beemer..a bit blur..looks like kena Banyak Makan Wang/Masuk Workshop syndrome already....:stupid:

Appreciate any replies/opinions/info....

Most US/UK forums visited indicate they tend to delete i.e change it to normal shocks.

Cheers..:)

Deary..

I've tried replacing the two BIG balls at the rear. Its source of some hydraulic BALLS. The ride is bele nice. Worth fixing. If dun like next time can modeify/replace bah.. Parts and labour about 1k woh..

Top Bottom