Seeking advice: E36 318i stock rim change

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

llamedos

Club Guest
Good evening sifus,As much as I am embarrassed to admit, I am currently running on stock 15" 'rims' for the E36 for 19 years. In fact, I wouldn't even call 'em rims, reckon "tayar besi" is more befitting. Therefore, my knowledge on tires/rims is very limited apart from reading off websites shared by forumers here (carbible.com / kouki.co.uk).To cut a long story short, my preference is 16" rims mainly because of economic viability given the limitations of the 318 in terms of acceleration/performance. So far I've got my eyes on the style 136 (including tires sized 225/50/16), and according to felgen-katalog, the said rims should fit the E36. Now here's a couple of advice I'm seeking:(i) would the 225 tires fit the E36? Given the sheer width compared to my current 195, would the 225 sized tires 'scratch' / 'rub against' the wheel arches during cornering?;(ii) assuming the 225 is too wide, could I scale it down to 205/215?; and(iii) aesthetically, would the style 136 match the E36 given I have not personally seen any E36 running on such rims. Thanks for taking time to go through this post, and I respectfully appreciate any comments/feedback from you guys. Cheers.

Moderator.. pls close/delete this thread. I've found what I'm looking for. TQ

Top Bottom