Scammers in Mudah

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crusher

Club Guest
So , recently helping a friend to buy a BMW. He kept sending me Mudah ads for cars that were way too cheap. I kept telling him there was no way the ads were legitimate. Yet he kept on sending me such ads.It shows that even when told it is a scam, people still cannot resist and keep telling themselves that they may be the lucky one to get a great deal. Anyway he has found his car. But ever since, I have this habit of checking Mudah for car prices :burnout:Anyway my post is to point out one of this ads. Notice that the ad says "Chinese owner" but advertiser name is Malay.Just out of curiosity I contaced the seller and here is his emailHello , Just saw your reply . Few words about me : I've been working in Labuan federal territory and enjoying my work here in one of offshore Oil and Gas Engineering company platforms , where i do my job right now.I will be back by land in 4 months. Anyway ,the overall car condition is excellent, no dings or scratches. I am not a smoker, didn't have any pets and I've always garaged it. The vehicle has never been involved in any accident has brand new tires and superb technology,styling,engineering and fantastic handling.Fully paid no debts or outstanding loan. As you can see, i'm selling it at a lower amount due to the fact that after 4 months i will be deployed overseas for 2 years and i do not want my car to depreciate too much. I'm caught in the middle of very important personal events that force me to let it go and have a little time at my disposal to sell it .Again I want to point out because of my future departure, I am looking for a smooth & fast selling without delays. So those are the reasons i decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting my time with negotiations and to have a customer more then soon. Before leaving offshore I had prearranged shipping and also the payment with a well known shipping company ,will be the mediator in our transaction , so my presence by land isn't necessary (The car is already sealed and locked in a container from one of the shipping company warehouse in Labuan ready for delivery only).The shipping is my responsibility so taxes, documentation and bureaucracy will not be a problem ,as will be hiring a shipping agent and power it to do all in both names making sure all papers are properly documented , will alleviate most of the stress involved by both parties . Again full amount payable is RM39,900.00 allinclusive (shipping fees for door to door delivery, taxes ,stamp duty ,Puspakom Inspection , JPJ transfer of ownership ), so you won't have to pay any extra charges.Lubuan has free tax regime.In my position as part of offshore personnel i am subject to 100% exemption car's duty given and defined by offshore govern by Offshore Act., so at my turn i won't asking for anymore money. If you are interested to purchase it before any other person , just reply to let you know how both parties will be secure. Yours faithfully, P.S. : Single request if you are composed financial ,arrange your financing prior purchasing in short time and i might consider this,i can't help you to manage the loan,i only accept customers that have at last available a minimum of RM8200 MYR for purchase The minute I opened the email, I was smiling, it is so obviously some sort of scam. Many obvious clues:1) Price is way below market2) Email is so elaborate. Real sellers will not be writing such long emails with a background story.3) email sender address is again obviously different race (gunalanperiyappa@yahoo.com.my)I'm stringing along just to see how the scam works to warn future potential victims. Will post his next reply.

lol....he will prob ask u for payment for the shipping portion or along those lines. u should say u're coming to labuan next week, and u got a submarine. so u dont need own transport, can masuk ur submarine. hahahaa

wow..they are willing to go through all this!! chk out the mileage - more than 500k

They dont actually scam you on the full amount of the value of the car, they will somehow scam on the shipping fee.

They'll say the car is here, but cannot be released due to some outstanding fee etc. A 'legitimate' shipping company will even send you an invoice. And the guy will promise to pay you back, and, as soon as you pay you'll never hear from them again.

Or something similar along those lines.

Tried to sell my dad Saga BLM sometime back in Mudah and someone from England wanted to buy it stating he was willing to ship it over to England....wtf! Too many scammer.

Same too it happen to me last year..wtf of this kind of scammers in @mudah nowadays

Re: Reply: BMW 320i E90 Sports dark blue
Hide Details

Siti Noraidah Binti Sulaiman

TO:

Alex

Message flagged
Thursday, 10 March 2011 2:24 AM
Hi there,

Our family vehicle is still for sale,in absolutely great condition,perfect shape inside and out , accidents free

We left the country one month ago,living now abroad in Nanning (my husband was promoted in MITI Department and i received an offer to teach ESL)
We lowered the price because we couldn't find a buyer here,the main inconvenient here is the fact that our vehicle has malaysian specs different from chinese specs (the placement of the steering wheel of our vehicle like all cars certified in Malaysia is opposite than on chinese vehicles)

* Vehicle current location:Nanning, Guangxi China

* Full NET OTR price RM39,000.00 all costs included (AP,insurance,customs duty ,government tax,shipping etc)

* One single request if you are composed financial ,arrange your loan prior purchasing in short time and we might consider your offer,we can't help you to manage the loan,we only accept customers that have money available and ready for purchase.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards!

Alex5522;718710 said:
Same too it happen to me last year..wtf of this kind of scammers in @mudah nowadays

Re: Reply: BMW 320i E90 Sports dark blue
Hide Details

Siti Noraidah Binti Sulaiman

TO:

Alex

Message flagged
Thursday, 10 March 2011 2:24 AM
Hi there,

Our family vehicle is still for sale,in absolutely great condition,perfect shape inside and out , accidents free

We left the country one month ago,living now abroad in Nanning (my husband was promoted in MITI Department and i received an offer to teach ESL)
We lowered the price because we couldn't find a buyer here,the main inconvenient here is the fact that our vehicle has malaysian specs different from chinese specs (the placement of the steering wheel of our vehicle like all cars certified in Malaysia is opposite than on chinese vehicles)

* Vehicle current location:Nanning, Guangxi China

* Full NET OTR price RM39,000.00 all costs included (AP,insurance,customs duty ,government tax,shipping etc)

* One single request if you are composed financial ,arrange your loan prior purchasing in short time and we might consider your offer,we can't help you to manage the loan,we only accept customers that have money available and ready for purchase.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards!

haha with that asking price,i want 2 of those :beer::canabis:

That particular add was posted under 'Melaka', but the replied you got said the car is in Labuan. Tried calling the number (yes I actually did, since the deal was too good to be true) but guess what, "Nombor yang anda dail tiada dalam perkhidmatan."

Sad to know there are ppl out there who would actually bank in money to grab this 'deal of a life time'.

so many scam now days..i often browse mudah and some typical scam method i noticed...they usually don't post their phone number and only wanted to be contact by email..and the price will be quite ridiculously low...and if you have add in mudah, the buyer will usually be some fella from the other side of the planet..i.e. UK, US..for those who wanted to buy from mudah, please be very careful and do your research well before proceeding on the buying..just some tips from me..hehe

Someone should report this to the authorities. Thanks for sharing guyz.. the golden rule is 'if its too good to be true, then it probably is':stupid:

I have one from last year :)

==================================================================================
Bmw m3 e36 -96

Price : RM 30 000 Make: BMW Model: M3 Reg. year: 1996 Mileage: 75 000 - 79 999 Transmission: Manual Engine Capacity: 2500 cc Accessories: -
Very good condition and well maintenance, nice number, super low mileage, 18” Sport Rim, New Disc Rotor and Brake Pad New Lower Arm, New Bilstein Absorber, New Water Tank and Pump, New Air-cond cooling coil, Fox Exhaust pipe, Xenon and Angel Eyes, Car Hi-fi set worth RM10K, AC stabilizer bar Front and Rear, PPG Crystal and Pearl Paint and many more accessories and etc, No Need Repair, Accident Free,

Just For Serious Buyer ONLY.

===============================================
Check out the mail reply:

Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: Reply: Bmw m3 e36

Hi ,

First of all thank you for taking a sincere interest to be the future owner of our family car.

I want to underline that the car is in showroom conditions ,no accidents,no special marks ,as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition.It has title of ownership cleared of any obligations,loans or fees and comes with all documents necessary to have it legal on Malaysia roads.

My husband , as a government servant , was sent in a diplomatic mission in
Taiwan , during the next few years.So we decided about and left Malaysia three weeks ago,living now abroad in Taiwan.

· As you probably noticed, the price is rather low because we couldn't find a buyer here,the main inconvenient is the fact that our vehicle has malayfeatures different from taiwanese specifications (the placement of the steering wheel of our car like all vehicles certified in Malaysia is opposite to taiwanese vehicles)

· Car current location:Taiwan

· Final NET OTR price : RM30,000.00 with all costs included (AP,insurance,customs duty ,government tax,shipping etc) as it is commonly known if you are part of our malaysian community , a tax exemption is applied to eligible government servants which are in diplomatic mission and they are exempted from all taxes imposed on a vehicle by our government.Bureaucracy will not be a problem for both parts , as will be done with the help of a well known international shipping company , which will be the mediator and already have in their custody our car.

· One single request if you are composed financial ,arrange a personal loan purpose to get it more fast approved , prior purchasing and we might consider your offer,we can't help you to manage the loan,we only accept customers that have money available and we want this transaction to go smoothly enough as we are caught in the middle of some very important events and have little time at our disposal to sell it .
If you have serious intentions for purchasing ,just let me know , to explain how to get it easy and safe , before others .

Nice talking to you ,

Saizah

I wonder what language they gonna use if you reply their email in Bahasa Malaysia. BM or English? :39:

Got a reply yesterday . Even include "his" IC scanned. No doubt belongs to some poor sucker he scammed. Note that he asked me to include my own scanned IC which he can use for future scams.

His email so detailed, it got to be real ,right? Almost reaching for my cheque book now :cool:
-------------------------------------

Glad to have you back ,

i already applied for exemption from the Custom In my position as part of offshore personnel i am subject to 100% exemption car's duty given and defined by offshore govern by Offshore Act.
So the duty was already been covered by me The total price includes every costs no extra fees for you after the inspection period you will have full possession of the vehicle.

Well the car sits in a storage facility here in Labuan ,like i said before I already found a solution and prearranged the whole process with Alisped International Forwarding Company trademark registered and certified company , you may download and view their certification in .pdf format : http://www.alisped.it/ENGLISH/certificazionednv.html , prepared to be delivered on my expenses wherever you are located.

It acts as a neutral third party and ensures that neither the Seller or the Buyer has access to the car and the payment at the same time and do an exchange between us , this way you’re not buying something sight unseen . What are the benefits? See yourself the mediator company terms and policy : http://www.allisped.it/how_third_party_works/logistica.html

I asked the transport company to insure the transaction .The legal procedure would be for the transport company to arrange with their safekeeping account where the reservation money will remain until you accept it.

• Please Note : in order the transport to take place consider that the following basic condition will be fulfilled as a guarantee of your trustworthy - RM8,200.00 Reservation/Booking amount payable (insurance deposit refundable) Included in Full OTR-NET Amount RM39,900.00 with all inclusive :Taxes,Ownership Transfer ,Shipping Charges ,to secure your position in front of other potential buyers and either to start the bureaucracy.In this way both of us don't wanna waste time on delivery & the transaction purchase canceled by unnecessary issues. Please take in consideration that i'll get paid at the end at your demand and NOT in Advance , only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as we agreed.The balance after the car reached mainland in monthly installments,loan or as you wish .

• Upon delivery you will have 7 business days to inspect the vehicle – To confirm correctness and condition.So, this will not be a blind purchase, you can test it before decided to buy it.

• If the car does not correspond to your expectations or like i described Alisped will fully refund you within 2 business days and collect the car for my next instructions , but i assure you won't be the case .

• Reaches destination within 5-7 business days from the time your reservation payment is submitted and approved.

That's the world wide legal procedure through a neutral part,so if you are a genuine buyer should not be a problem to accept it.The mediator company protects the Seller by making sure the funds (that cover all processes of transport) are available and it protects the Buyer by ensuring the safe transport of the vehicle until destination including the paperwork - from start to finish.

I have uploaded my identity to see with whom you are speaking with : http://i.imgur.com/nyGq0.jpg

All this was explained for a better understanding , hope you had read them carefully and was usefully in case will confirm the purchase , for your info also I am entertaining another two strong offers for it at this moment.

To proceed with purchase before others will be necessary :

- Your Full Name along with the scanned/copy identity card attached– Required for paperwork (sales contract ,invoice , transfer etc)
- Your Delivery Address ,Phone Number and Fax number - You’ll receive important delivery info and guidelines for payment instructions after that.

'He' stay very close to my hometown, 200m away from my dad house, want me to find 'him'?

the owner of the IC should be informed that his IC is being abused and should file a police report.

Hahaha, but jokes aside, should really get someone good in Tamil to write back to those scammers and play them along... I really hate getting these letters/emails from them!

wobbles;719111 said:
Hahaha, but jokes aside, should really get someone good in Tamil to write back to those scammers and play them along... I really hate getting these letters/emails from them!

Haha, not too sure whether Google Translate will do the trick? :biggrin:

Top Bottom