Sat Nav DVD for E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi Nazrie,

Yes can... cost to install dvd + navigator + interface = RM8,500.00

Just pm if ur interested... i ll talk to the boss for a special price... pls inform me on how many of u interested.

Cheerss!

Hi Guna,

This is a very good instalklation and they will take 1day... fyi, they have done so many beemer...

That's what I meant la...can buy secondhand Kancil...hehehe..what's the best price for a group buy please?

Hi all, i think 8.5 k is a rip off personally, i done on my previous e60

ACM ( Korea mari ) RM 1 ~ 1.5K
GVN53 ( LOCAL ) RM 2 K
+ Workmanship ( RM 500 ! ?, dun ask me , i diy before soo... )

DVD PLAYER if you really want ( BUT WHY U want that ? ) on top of the headache of cable spliting , powering it up etc etc.
ipod u can buy mobridge or dension and use can function ( via idrive , select title etc etc) much better

Guna want a group buy i be buying again a new ACM + GVN53 , because my previous E60 was stolen, and i just brought another one ... sad story. so maybe share the cost of shipping ? GVN no need can buy local only the ACM
acm here is rip off at RM 2k plus same thing you get 3 AV input, 1 RGB ( garmin ) , 1 Reverse camera input if you want to put reverse camera.

dark1234;457448 said:
Hi all, i think 8.5 k is a rip off personally, i done on my previous e60

ACM ( Korea mari ) RM 1 ~ 1.5K
GVN53 ( LOCAL ) RM 2 K
+ Workmanship ( RM 500 ! ?, dun ask me , i diy before soo... )

DVD PLAYER if you really want ( BUT WHY U want that ? ) on top of the headache of cable spliting , powering it up etc etc.
ipod u can buy mobridge or dension and use can function ( via idrive , select title etc etc) much better

Guna want a group buy i be buying again a new ACM + GVN53 , because my previous E60 was stolen, and i just brought another one ... sad story. so maybe share the cost of shipping ? GVN no need can buy local only the ACM
acm here is rip off at RM 2k plus same thing you get 3 AV input, 1 RGB ( garmin ) , 1 Reverse camera input if you want to put reverse camera.

I sure am interested dark1234,what are we looking at total?Please include installation cost also la.The sooner the better.Thank you

Hi Guna quick one , to get cost , i need to know what you be doing on the car
is it GPS + Reverse cam + av input ?

heres what i am doing on my "replaced" e60 this time

1. Aux in retrofit.
2.software sss / progman upgrade ( will be doing it at raymond auto)
3.Install aftermarket AMP , since i am using MASK interface not CCC no Hifi also * 6 speaker setup * , need to install tweeter into door A pillar using prefabricated housing
4.ACM ( Korea mari ) latest , to tap to my HI & LOW can bus system
5. no need revercam , since my car come with parktronic.

is your e60 a UK or Jap spec, if its UK spec i think u can solve your problem easy , i think i still have my MY DVD map 08 or 09 somewhere , if i have i pass to you , since i no longer use CCC navigation already.

dark1234;457470 said:
Hi Guna quick one , to get cost , i need to know what you be doing on the car
is it GPS + Reverse cam + av input ?

heres what i am doing on my "replaced" e60 this time

1. Aux in retrofit.
2.software sss / progman upgrade ( will be doing it at raymond auto)
3.Install aftermarket AMP , since i am using MASK interface not CCC no Hifi also * 6 speaker setup * , need to install tweeter into door A pillar using prefabricated housing
4.ACM ( Korea mari ) latest , to tap to my HI & LOW can bus system
5. no need revercam , since my car come with parktronic.

is your e60 a UK or Jap spec, if its UK spec i think u can solve your problem easy , i think i still have my MY DVD map 08 or 09 somewhere , if i have i pass to you , since i no longer use CCC navigation already.

Yo bro,
I think mine is a UK version.The thing is it's not a recond.in the grant it says kereta impot baru.It was a brand new car imported by Naza.2004 but registered in march 05.I have the full spec 530 that comes with PDC and the works but I only see one cd slot in the dash and a cd changer in the glove compartment.

What"s my wish list?
1) to get the GPS working using my Idrive
2) to be able to use my Ipod with the IDrive
3) to improve the bass of my sound system(some enhancement)

Thank you bro.U best la.so helpfull to newbies like me

Bro i also newbie , lots of hour spend on research an opening my own car for fun. haha,
then i think you have a MASK-PRO , not CCC as ccc have either a DVD or MD changer at the back
but please check at your boot , on the left side there should be a compartment, can you look is there a DVD drive or HDD ? if got HDD its jap inport since 2004-09 JAP BMW use HDD based navigation or CF card.

your quest is like mine,

1. To get GPS working, if you can use original back not spend a single cent thats the best , hehe.
But if not then will be ACM + Garmin cost less than RM 3k confirm including labour

2. IPOD with idrive , RM 2.5k at CV audio , denison 500 , it uses MOST bus which idrive is using thus the same , just recode the car to enable MP3 / Ipod support you can control your ipod/iphone using the idrive .

3. to improve the bass , this one i give you update tomorrow , because i am going to install amplifier and tweeter, ( alpine amp ( el cheapo one ) + eplsion tweeter 25mm silk dome type 2Ohm )
cost less than 1k. i think you have a UK EU BASIC Sound package like mine , the jap version i had previous have HIFI package so sound better, . now my UK version on no HIfi so i have to install aftermarket . so was going thru all the wiring WDS to see how i can tap power , remote cutoff and etc , if successfully i recomend you the shop the to go , if not i kena 1st , haha

hi guys, wateva u r doing , please fill me in on it ya..thanx.. me Jap spec '04 E60 lah.. thanx.. me wish list is about the same as Guna's.

Hi Dark1234,

I have to say that ur well worst with this gps.... I also learn form u too...
As for my car, its a japan spec 2004, therefore have to upgrade interface + ccc +
dvd video + gvn53 too= rm8.5k....
thanks for the highlighting and i m still wondering whether i ve been rip or not..

Cheers!

Terencehilary, same lar i kena rip many time and nowdays become white mice, due to the BMW bug now i understand more than where to put oil and water,
if you upgrade your CCC , 8.5k is reasonable ( Provided its a new CCC ) and your GPS is using original BMW navigation, if use garmin , you have been ripped.

update on the amp installation to make my eu basic e60 sound from CRAP to better, it work
installed a Alphine FMR-300 amp ( RM 900 ) + 2 epsilon tweeter ( RM 100 ) to the side tweeter frame , sound is much better , need to look for earthquake SW8 sub woofer to make bass even better.

after installation my i-drive got "Restrain system malfunction" !!!! SAD, but since i brought a GT1 , i manage to reset it , so all IS GOOD.

now playing coding on e60 for fun hope i dun burn my car ecu
hehe

guna, PM me so i can send you the shop address for installation , dun worry about error since the shop is near my office i can help you clear the error code if it happen.

Wah guys.. really got hooked up with this thread la, with all your projects and upgrades !

However, i wonder if my e39 (Jap spec) that comes with OEM TV monitor can incorporate the GPS and DVD player in it? At the trunk of my car, there is a compartment for the GPS player but you know lah, since it is a Jap spec, cannto be used here..

Dark1234, where is this shop please, maybe can drop by also and ask for quotation if you dont mind..
Thanks.

naharnms , bro i dunno e39 leh , i am e39 idiot wor.
e60 and e46 i know since i own these car, so i experiment on it.
but your OEM TV can accept input ? like AV1 or AV2 ?

dark1234;460328 said:
guna, PM me so i can send you the shop address for installation , dun worry about error since the shop is near my office i can help you clear the error code if it happen.

Yo bro my email is checkers@tm.net.my

dark1234;460542 said:
naharnms , bro i dunno e39 leh , i am e39 idiot wor.
e60 and e46 i know since i own these car, so i experiment on it.
but your OEM TV can accept input ? like AV1 or AV2 ?

dark1234,

No worries if donno.. As for th input for OEM TV, i dont think there is any lah..

naharnms, maybe later i be start collecting all the "E" of bmw then i know more hehe

Hi All

I'm a newbie here and have been following this thread. I'm looking for a copy of the SAT NAV disc for my E60 - it's '09 model from UK.

Can anyone help or advice on where I can find a copy as the BMW dealers are charging an extortionate amount for it.

Thank you

Hello again

I noticed M-sport66 did mention on this thread about having copy of the disc. Have sent PM to him but had no response.

Anyone knows of where I could get hold of a copy? Can anyone help, please?

Hi guys, hope it's alright to join the E60 thread (own a E65). Was quoted around 5K for the 'built-in' garmin + interface. Is that a reasonable price?

Top Bottom