sagging rear bumper fix

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

carlsberg

Club Guest
guys, i duno if any of you have his problem, where the rear bumper is drooping slightly at the front /wheelarch edge?i performed surgery on mine at the weekend, removed the rear wheel, then removed the splash guard (easy, two plastic nuts, and some plastic rivets) that revealed the culprit !! theres a black plastic bracket the holds the bumper cover to the car, it is adjustable, but mine is broken, its an easy fix when i can locate the parts, and will tidy up the appearence of the rear bumper.... for now i made a small metal clip to hold the bumper in the correct positionwhen i replaced the wheel i also smeared copper grease on the mating surface of rim to hub... this stops chemical reaction from bonding the two togetherjust thought id share the easy fix info.

wooo, just priced the brackets...220RM each.... way too pricy !!!! have to search around...hey, anyone breaking an e36?

carlsberg;581699 said:
guys, i duno if any of you have his problem, where the rear bumper is drooping slightly at the front /wheelarch edge?

ha ha ha ...yes , this is one ( of the many ; ) known cosmetic issues for E36 .
i owned two e36s ( sedan & cabrio ) & both have the same problem ...
i can list down at least 10 more but that's not the point - i still love them
- take it as part & parcels of owning the UDM :rock::rock::rock:

ok, i wasnt gona let this one get away, i went to auto bavaria and asked a small plastic bracket cost a staggering 220RM, they were most apologetic, the chap who gave me that price, made an erroe they are 32RM each !!!!!! bought the pair on the spot, and fitted this morning, a very easy job,a and now the ass of the car is tight again !!!

if your car has this issue, its an easy fix.

while i had it in bits i power washed all the suspension etc, cleaned the back of ther rims, coppergreased the hubs and put it all back nicly. i also used a torque wrench to fit the wheels back, as ive heard excessive torque can damage the rotors.

now im relaxing with a well earned beer !

eerr no, sorry.... but before is drooping bumper, and after is as from the showroom......

Top Bottom