rusty screw

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Russie

Club Guest
Hi guys,Need some advice and help too. Was washing my car this morning and when wiping the car dry, I notice that the front passenger door, 1 of the 3 screws of the shutter lock is rusty (refer to the pic)~ Gosh... I took a closer look, the rusty screw doesn't seem to be the original screw. Original one has the galvanised body and a star-shape but this rusty unit I believe is from other car coz it's an allan-key shape. Probably when the previous owner resprayed the car 2 yrs ago, the workshop lost the original screw or something and replaced with this?Where can I get the original screw? anyone? need advice pls. If replacing it, would it be a simple job or do I need detailing? Perhaps I should check if the rust spread to the car body or not? Using anti-rust spray or something? Appreciate feedback.. thanksCheers

use WD 40, if u wan ori screw go to the nearest spare parts shop for bimmers, u have to buy the whole set, they wont sell u just 1 screw

thanks for the advice alan, spraying WD40 maybe only helps in loosing up the rusty screw. But i also need to get a replacement screw, scare the rust will spread to the body. thanks anyway

Top Bottom