Rubbing Problems

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;547405 said:
Hmmnn.. looks like both rims are different width AND offset.. :eek:[/QUOTE

AB,
how la u manage to see the width also diff frm this angle?
It looks like the rims is running et 25 or less ( suitable for the 5 series).

bongyt2,
i think the offset is out la (your rims look protruding out frm the wheel well)...since you mention its original m5 rims, then the offset its probably out...

Have you chk the offset of your rims? the ET value?

xstatic;547447 said:
astroboy;547405 said:
Hmmnn.. looks like both rims are different width AND offset.. :eek:[/QUOTE

AB,
how la u manage to see the width also diff frm this angle?
It looks like the rims is running et 25 or less ( suitable for the 5 series).

bongyt2,
i think the offset is out la (your rims look protruding out frm the wheel well)...since you mention its original m5 rims, then the offset its probably out...

Have you chk the offset of your rims? the ET value?

bro xstatic...

i just tried to take out my tyres to check the offset but the screw is too tight.... i guess later when i'm doing camber,i will take a look at it... sad...

bmw7833;547453 said:
No, that's not ori e60 m5 rim for sure.

I asked my friend and he said that mine is not not e60 m5... but it is made from germany.... so it's probably a replica to be precise!!

By adjusting ur camber too much is not worth to do so. It will definitely shorten the tyre lifespan due to inner side wear faster. Im using M5 replica 18" x 8.5" F x 9.5" R offset 38. Tyre sizes are 235 F and 255 R. Camber setting for Front 0.5, 1.2 rear. Currently im not facing rubbing problem like urs, unless 3 person sitting behind while running on very uneven road. And of cource the scratches only on new tyre hair pins, very tiny rubbing.

What i suggest is, u should check ur rim offset 1st. If u solve it by adjusting camber, in future u have to replace ur tyre very often which cause u alot more. Check ur camber setting, observe the fender. If ur tyre still touching ur fender alot, then its better to change ur rim to better offset.

Tonight I'll ask Sunny to sit in your trunk and see which portion of the fender is scrubbing your PS3. It might be just a fender lining screw that's loose and protruding out from the wheel well. :D If xxx is coming tonight, we can pinjam his iCamber meter to check your rear camber degree.. :p :D

i ve got my front tyres to rub against the fender. weird enough, i think it s only left side front tyre.
so can negative chamber setting fix my issue? what is the advisable chamber setting for front wheel?

fr e36/46 u want a min -1.5 camber all round..
it sure looks good :)
tire wear, no comment... whack only

AB, where is the rolling shop, i got some rubbing too at hard cornering and running full load?

Ice, u mention hard springs.... any u recommend?

there's a shop in Sunway that does the rolling... but yours is rubbing in front or at the back?

at the back only, more rubbing on rear left.. cant wait but dun dare to lowered car now.. sigh

e46, rear rolling on 245/35/19 ...

isn't this one is the cheapest way to rectify?

4858707475.jpg

Senget sikit is a really minor issue la. Even our bodies are not balanced. You will notice one of your hands is always bigger than the other. One leg is always bigger than the other also. So no need to lose sleepless nights trying to rectify something which is not a problem in the first place.

Remember it's the Ultimate Driving Machine, not the Ultimate Left-Right Balanced Machine. So go out and drive it and dont' sweat the small stuff.

Salut

Top Bottom