..rims 'refreshing'..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..what would be place to go and 'redo' rims ? Rims are fine, its just that paint falling off and things like that, so im wondering, is there any place i could go and sort of 'refresh' outlook of the rims. No physical damage or anything like that is on rims. Thanks in advance.

Heap Soon @ Segambut, Wan Shing or Hua Hin @ Chan Sow Lin.

Can try Wheels Recon @ Kepong as well.

Was recently informed by a fellow fourmmer that he sent in his badly kerbed Style 72 to Wan Shing for refurbish and repaint with sparkling silver for only RM400 for 4 wheels.

Electro coating

Electrode enabling hard to reach areas (where a spray gun cannot reach) to be painted. Another benefit of e-coat is that it does not sag during baking neither, nor paint wash off because of the vapor thus E-coating gives a quality product.

they are one of the famous Rims repair/restoring centre (where many tire shops send to)

Perkhidmatan Tayar Bateri Hong Leong
No 875, Batu Lima, Jalan Ipoh, Taman Kok Lian, 51200, Kuala Lumpur, WP Kuala Lumpur 51200
03-6251-1925

..how long that electro coating takes time to finish all 4 rims ?

Not sure about the duration of electro coating, but getting a set of wheels to be refreshed/refurbished might take 3-4 days,depending on method/request. Bear in mind that sometime the shop does not provide spare wheels for you to use while they work on your rims.

A quick updates
Electro coating will be avail by Jul 2012
roughly for a set of 17" is about 1k, more if it is needed repair & restorations

outside charging around 1.8k

Cheers

I would rather like to clear my doubt. Actually I have never heard about electro coating regarding the rims. Is it a technique which is used for the rims to make them look good or for some other purpose for the rims ? I am just asking because I have not undertaken this facility and am really curious to know about it.

banadictaustin;758761 said:
I would rather like to clear my doubt. Actually I have never heard about electro coating regarding the rims. Is it a technique which is used for the rims to make them look good or for some other purpose for the rims ? I am just asking because I have not undertaken this facility and am really curious to know about it.

i might be popping in to do mine next month....call u once done

kc's;753702 said:
A quick updates
Electro coating will be avail by Jul 2012
roughly for a set of 17" is about 1k, more if it is needed repair & restorations

outside charging around 1.8k

Cheers

does he do mirror polishing ?? wanting to send my 2nd set if he does ...

kc's;758871 said:
i might be popping in to do mine next month....call u once done

Thanks KC for your concern. Its good that you are going for the electro coating of your rims. I will definitely wait for the time when you will be telling me about this thing after having your work done. I really want to know about this thing.

Top Bottom