Rims 4' us

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

samharon

Club Guest
Hi, I wanted to post this on the wheels forum, but i got no permission to. but since its related to moi's Rim-hunt, might as well i ask here.Original or replica?over the past few weeks i've been seriously hunting for a suitable rims for my dad's e34, but to no avail. i recently found a nice original BBS but was denied by my dad. he fancies a rather simpler, more "full" kinda rim. easier to clean...now, i've seen some nice replicas (quite interested with a type II ACS) which are good value for money, but i was told to think otherwise. these sources told me that those rims are not as strong, and wont perform as good either. ...and that brings me to a halt.what are the actual impact? would these rims crack after a long distance drive? or come off if i drive too fast? i really dont mind paying a bit more if i can be sure of the quality against fashion.if a person is a bit old-fashion, what would you suggest a rim for him? i know its of personal preference... but just give me an honest view. we are currently using an original germany bbs, which doesnt look too bad, its just that its 15", too small that makes the car looks "floating" as the body is now white in color. the tyres are also worn out, so its just the right timing to change to a new rim altogether.Appreciate all the help i can get. original or replica?if you have nice rims for me to consider, PM me pls. or call me directly at 0193069295. simple design like the throwing star, and those with the BMW emblem are of high preference. kinda rule out ACS... but regardless... pls do propose. Cheers.

BBS rims will be nice

70071629.quSzIbzo.328night_8x6.jpg

well... bodykit u can go replica not rims dude.. trust me cuming from series of replicas... rims bend easily... crack easily.....

and its not cheap either.. got vibrations.. rims are heavier...

lotsa problems...

well... i had replicas fer long time..

now i only believe in originals!

hehe

I heard that there r 2 types of replicas.....Japanese and Taiwanese.....and that Japanese are better....stronger that is...should have JLN imprinted on the rim

Me also wanna check out some rims this weekend....

I saw one shop in Sunway....replica M5 e60 and one more which I am not sure of the model but all 18's no 17's...price also more than RM2.5k

then we can go hunting together-gather what??? in Klang also a lot of replicas rite? a friend bot 1 set with tyres also not exceeding 3k. value for money? or taiwan?

anybody tried auto technika at ss2 before? i was told they also offer good deals with lots of variety.

any info on this shop?

i just cam back from scouting......for 5 series sadly most of them are 18"

I found that the Hock Lee/Lin (i think so) which is the originial kedaia papan sells them prety cheap...about RM2200 to RM2600 for the 18's

They have M5 e60, Hanhman, ACS, Type 3, 4 & 5, another one design which have I have found out wat rim it is but its multispokes like the BBS staggered...

17" they have the M5 e60, ACS Type 3 (gun metal and also silver) and Hanhmann

hello again,

i know this is of personal preference, but it shldnt hurt to ask.

for an e34, 17 or 18?

i'm talking about performance here. looks second.

my car is a 12v 520i auto

thanks.

17" or 18"?

hello again,

i know this is of personal preference, but it shldnt hurt to ask.

for an e34, 17 or 18?

i'm talking about performance here. looks second.

my car is a 12v 520i auto

thanks.

Samharon,
Since your car is 520i Auto, I would strongly recommend 17"s..

520i go 17 la.. dun waste time wit 18 will b too heavy!

integ: wah thts really high FC la... mine i get almost 200km fer rm50...

Top Bottom