Restore Rims

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

etquah

Today accidently scratched my back rim at the curb while reverse parking.:14: Is there any shop that can "restore" or repairs the rims? Sort of like smoothen of the marks.

easiest is to visit MPS Auto in Sunway PJS7. Manji will know what to do.

Will they actually 'refill' the missing bits, or just smoothen it (taking off some more material to make it smooth)

I need to do all 4 on mine when it comes out from the port, previous owner didnt really care about his rims.

Conclusion: Alot of places can do. :D

Having said that, does anyone know if any place does welding on of new metal to the rims where a chunk has been scuffed off? Reason for welding is because the rims are diamond polished, so it needs new metal to be sanded down and polished again. Cannot just use filler.

Sorry to be slightly off-topic......

Can the treatment for scratched rim (curbed) be similar to making a wheel round? I mean due to pot holes and our beautiful roads, our rims may no longer be perfectly round.

evilnickwong;567553 said:

Having said that, does anyone know if any place does welding on of new metal to the rims where a chunk has been scuffed off? Reason for welding is because the rims are diamond polished, so it needs new metal to be sanded down and polished again. Cannot just use filler.

exactly my question, with better wording :D

gizmoz82;567478 said:
in kepong also got....try to ask any sifus here..

that will be really useful since i am staying in kepong now. anyone know which shop and the quality of workmanship?

haywire;567691 said:
that will be really useful since i am staying in kepong now. anyone know which shop and the quality of workmanship?

Wheel Recon Enterprise in Kepong - they did great work on a few sets of BBS wheels I sent them.

E28driver;567694 said:
Wheel Recon Enterprise in Kepong - they did great work on a few sets of BBS wheels I sent them.

thanks! care to share the exact location in kepong since i am new to the area

any idea of prices?

Wheel Recon Enterprise located in Bandar Sri Damansara.

The contact person : Ah Tee 016-2545980.

evilnickwong;567553 said:

Shah Alam tyre (near Goodyear roundabout) can do that. They've got the aluminium welding machine.

haywire;567700 said:
thanks! care to share the exact location in kepong since i am new to the area

any idea of prices?

111, Jalan KIP 9
Kepong Industrial Park.

bimmerholic;567849 said:
Shah Alam tyre (near Goodyear roundabout) can do that. They've got the aluminium welding machine.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Btw, I found the old thread with pictures of work from both Shah Alam Tyre and Wheel Recon, good ref and info there.
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20378&page=2

I'd prefer Wheel Recon since I stay in TTDI and it's nearer for me, but abit troublesome if really have to bring them just the wheel with tyre and all removed already.

Top Bottom