Restoration of my E24 635csi

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

san

Club Guest
4 months ago started to restore my 1982 e24 e12 based 635csihere are some photosinstalling lower spring suspension technique which i import from USA

Tomorrow car will be send to MRZ for new carpet and leather seat. will post interior after refurbishment .
next will be a set of staggered rims 9 inch rear and 8 inch front OEM rim
then a set of DBA 5000 series disc rotor with E38 caliper
just bought Mtech coarse spline steering wheel from ebay usd300
hope it is worth it . cheers

in my registration it is a 1987 model registered 1991 but VIN indicated 1981 model

hi Mafia ,
my aircraft coming back mid nov will collect then, i like your wifey new car !

car after painting and installation of sound proofing material

Mihzan,
thanks for your kind words , your e30 project is brave too. i enjoy reading your progress.
sometimes others think we are insane for the effort , time and money we put into the project . especially the wife .
hope your car will be ready soon. i have just send the car to MRZ for the interior do.
and just ordered this hartge 19 inch rim to complete the project .

care to share who did your paint job? cost? paint used (brand)? Overall satisfaction with end result? Would appreciate a PM.

I do plan to send my e32 for a full respray, but wouldn't bother with anything less than perfection. Saying that, I can not justify 5K price tag, am hoping to find a reasonable place to send my car in once engine conversion is complete.

Thanks.

kgb, paint in a can is relatively cheap no matter the brand. what you pay is workmanship - the approach/method and how much care you wish them to apply onto your car.

me and couple forumers here are paying 5 figures for bodywork and paint - because that is what it costs to have them perform all that we want done onto our cars.

at the end of the day, all you need to do is to state your expectation. price is consequential.

see you tomorrow denis.. :)

mizhan;494589 said:
kgb, paint in a can is relatively cheap no matter the brand. what you pay is workmanship - the approach/method and how much care you wish them to apply onto your car.

me and couple forumers here are paying 5 figures for bodywork and paint - because that is what it costs to have them perform all that we want done onto our cars.

at the end of the day, all you need to do is to state your expectation. price is consequestial.

see you tomorrow denis.. :)

agree. I am not really doing anything as hardcore as your project, as i am not really rebuilding my car from scratch. All i want is to change my faded silver color (which was a respray on top of maroon) to nice Black, which won't start pealing or cracking in three years time.

I would however, like them to remove as much of old paint as necessary, not paint over existing cracks and rust spots hehehehe

I am willing to strip my own car before it comes in for a spray (wouldn't want anyone else to do it). All they need to do is: send, clean, paint.

kgb;494596 said:
agree. I am not really doing anything as hardcore as your project, as i am not really rebuilding my car from scratch. All i want is to change my faded silver color (which was a respray on top of maroon) to nice Black, which won't start pealing or cracking in three years time.

I would however, like them to remove as much of old paint as necessary, not paint over existing cracks and rust spots hehehehe

I am willing to strip my own car before it comes in for a spray (wouldn't want anyone else to do it). All they need to do is: send, clean, paint.

kgb ...click on some of my thread and you may see a paint work which is done sometime ago ...

rgds

by the way san ..you've got a nice looking car and well all the best for the 19" hartge's ... do post the pictures soon ...

ICEMAN 13;494608 said:
kgb ...click on some of my thread and you may see a paint work which is done sometime ago ...

rgds

i did, but find it hard to find right one, after all 3000+++ posts hehehhee

Top Bottom