Reset abs and brake warning lights...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

axel

Club Guest
Greetings! Few weeks ago, my e46 2.0 had few warnings (brake, abs and the light between the 2 meters)light shown up with a beep sound...So I took to my friend's workshop and replaced all brake pads, disc brakes and the sensors... The main maintainace has done.. Now I m finding a workshop to reset the warning lights ... So any suggestion across your mind? I m from serdang ;)E46 is an awesome car , but couldn't find a better price to let goI guess I will keep it in my garage xD currently I'm active with my e90 Best regards! Axel

The ABS and the brake light should auto reset when all the problem is rectified.

If the brake light still remain ON, it means that the wear sensors is damaged and need to be replaced.

ABS light is more serious and need to be scan for the actual problem.

Most reputable BMW shop should be able to do it. There are a few people here who have their own BMW
diagnostic tool who can reset the alarm/error code for you.

When i have e36, the brake light keeps on. After that found out the Instrument Cluster having problem.

Greetings!
Wow any sifu can reset for me? :) because when I stop by BMW workshop, you know how much it costs.
The sensors and the parts are all new (I bought the spare parts at auto Bavarian at jalan Ipoh there) my friend (mechanic) just fix it for me

Best regards!
Axel

Why not consider to get the BMW scanner 1.4 and then you can do the reset yourself. That thing is not expensive and easy to use too.

Thank you mybimmer for the suggestion... I think I might getting a scanner :)
Oh ya, is this BMW scanner 1.4 usable for e90 Lci?

Axel,can this scanner be used for e46 year 1999 engine m43 as the connector is square but the e46 is round. if can , we can get 2 sets....maybe cheaper and share freight cost :burnout:

Thanks

azmi318;763542 said:
Hi MyBimmer,

I intend to buy the BMW Scanner but my car is E36 1997, is it possible if I use below tool?. Is it suit with my car?.
http://www.xcar360.com/bmw-scanner-1-4-0-bmw-scanner-bmw-diagnostic-bmw-scan-tool.html

BR/

yes this can read the ECU and GB Module only. You need the 20 round pins to D type adaptor for the scanner to work.

Take note the E36 dont have many electronic module.

AdaptorwiringPINOUT.jpg

adaptor.jpg

I used to buy from this place for the group buy. The price have dropped.

BMW Scanner 1.4.0 Never Locking
$29.99

axel;763547 said:
Thank you mybimmer for the suggestion... I think I might getting a scanner :)
Oh ya, is this BMW scanner 1.4 usable for e90 Lci?

No the BMW Scanner 1.40 can only scan up to model below year 2004/2005. ie E46 and E39.

Newer generation like E90 and E60 can still be access with INPA or BMW Scanner 2.0.

P1060502-Copy.jpg

OldmanBM;763660 said:
Axel,can this scanner be used for e46 year 1999 engine m43 as the connector is square but the e46 is round. if can , we can get 2 sets....maybe cheaper and share freight cost :burnout:

Thanks

Where is your diagnostic port located? Inside the car or in the engine compartment.

Inside the car

dscannerplugin.jpg

Dconnector.jpg

Aisey, anymore group buy for this item? It's really useful to have one at home. If anybody wanting to sell I am also interested to buy.

azmi, yes that is the correct adaptor for older model like E36 which have the diagnostic port in the engine compartment.

You can download the program from a website if the supplier did not give you the software.
Dont worry, it is only about 3 Mbyte. There are some issue with the USB driver if you are
using win7/64 bits but I have already solved this problem.

Read my thread on the "Feedback from BMW Scanner" for more information.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/foru...on-BMW-Scanner&p=610419&viewfull=1#post610419

Greetings!
Firstly I apologized for so late reply...
Yea I wish I could have it too ( the BMW scanner 1.4)
Anyone selling this? It is convienIent to diagnos the issue ourself and no need kena Potong by those mechanic ;)
I have asked the price for reset at a workshop and offer me 300 for full diagnose and reset... I was "wOw" because I knew the scanner is just cost me about 150...

try to disconnect your battery and connect positive to negative wire and leave it for sometime.

axel;763365 said:
Greetings!
Wow any sifu can reset for me? :) because when I stop by BMW workshop, you know how much it costs.
The sensors and the parts are all new (I bought the spare parts at auto Bavarian at jalan Ipoh there) my friend (mechanic) just fix it for me

Best regards!

Axel

Well,i thought most of us either DIY or go to the workshop that can reset the warning lights on the obc?(as a basic requirement for us to send our car there)
U change all the sensors,pads n disk brake at the workshop that cant reset the obc?
Thinking of buying the scanner to,but a lot of things i need to learn first..hehe.

Top Bottom