Replace "528i" badge on rear of F10

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gooihup

Banned
Hi guys,

Just realized that the "528i" badge on the trunk lid has gone missing. I'm not sure when and how, but there's barely a mark in its place. Photo shared by Ceramic Pro a week and half ago shows that it was still on there as they worked on the car then. Really disappointed and the car feels a little naked without it.

Any idea how to get it replaced? Any random accessory shop or do I have to go to some specialty service centre?

Cheers!
Merv

Go to any BMW authorised dealers to buy the original badge. The imitation ones from China does not last and would shine fade. Clean the surface prior to attaching the badge. I believe Ceramic Pro must have removed the badge for their polish work and just re attached the badge after completion of their work. The badge's glue would no longer be effective and hence I believe it could have dropped off during your drive.

There is a parts shop opposite Menara Raja Laut that carry Merc&BMW parts..its just beside the overhead pedestrian bridge.. Can't missed it... Can go chk there

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I'll go check it out.

Would it be difficult to reapply the badge myself? There's probably some special glue to use right?

Merv

Quill in Sec 13 PJ quoted me RM152.19 for the original replacement part. The customer service officer offered me labor free of charge, since it's not much effort to stick it on.

I popped by Bavarian Auto in SS2 to check, they have ready stock for non-ori 528i like mudah.my link tckhor shared. RM60 too.

Based on Herbert's advice, I've decided to order the part from Quill for peace of mind. It will take 2-3 days to arrive, which I guess is their standard lead time. Doesn't matter since I'm traveling. Will post a pic once I get it done next week.

Cheers guys!

Took slightly a week for Quill to bring the part in. My F10 no longer has a naked ass. Feeling victorious!
528iLettering.jpg

As an added bonus, the customer service officer noticed that the M insignia's on both sides of the car are missing too. He dug up a pair from the store to applied it to my car FOC. Extra happy.
Msport.jpg

Nicely done up by Quill plus the added bonus for the ///M. Satisfaction knowing very well all are original.

Herbert said:
Nicely done up by Quill plus the added bonus for the ///M. Satisfaction knowing very well all are original.
Herbert always got Jalan

Top Bottom