Removing Residual Glue - Help!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

andrewk

Club Guest
Need some advise and help here. The double sided tape holding down my rear spoiler finally gave way over the weekend. Bought some adhesive remover spray to remove the tape. However, the are some spots where glue was previously used, and the adhesive remover doesn't work on them. Any idea how i can remove them? Help!!

andrewK,

This problem is on a painted or glass surface? Try soaking the area with some lighter fluid. This should dissolve any residual adhesive frm the surface.

For painted surface, pls wax after to protect the area.

kevster30 said:
andrewK,

This problem is on a painted or glass surface? Try soaking the area with some lighter fluid. This should dissolve any residual adhesive frm the surface.

For painted surface, pls wax after to protect the area.

Does it work?

Why can't we juz use thinner :confused:

hah hah.... farnee ler you fellas...

Ok, I take it that the lighter fluid won't screw up de paint job. Will give it a go and let you guys know the results..

Wish me luck...

don't use so much loh... I guess.. sometimes cleaner wax can do the job... just need more... ;)

car-valeting.jpg

When contaminants get a solid grip on your car's paint, washing alone may not be enough to remove them. Pre-wax cleaners also may not be able to exfoliate large particles. In this case, you have two choices: use a polishing compound, which removes a lot of paint material, or use a clay bar. Clay isn't a polish or a compound, it is a surface preparation bar that smoothes the paint and exfoliates contaminants.

do you know this

99% UV REDUCTION

No other safety or security product can also protect your car's interior from the damaging effects of UV radiation. With Ace Security Laminate, you can dramatically reduce fading, cracking and destruction of your car's interior. Untreated glass only blocks 2 to 3% of the sun's damaging rays from reaching you or your car's interior.

Top Bottom