Refreshing the 36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Chrix

Club Guest
Alright, the car is already 19years old and I think a refresh of the interior/exterior/mechanical is required.Some of the issues;InteriorDoor cards - some clips brokenSide window rubber - restrict window when going upRear side step - broken on one sideA pillar cover - as usual, broken clipsFabrics - could use a rewrapExteriorHeadlamp glass - stone chipped to hellFog lamp - stone chipped to hell + broken bracketMechanicalEngine head - leaking a littleSensor plugs - plastic bits are destroyedBushing - i guess they are worn & require replacingThat should be it..Would like to seek you guys advise on the cost & place to repair/replace the items mentioned.Cheers :top:no pictures of the beast, not camera =(

Side window rubber - restrict window when going up

Just did mine for RH, RM230 new rubber. Window goes up smooth now. Wind noise during drive also improved.

pardypeople;628473 said:

Just did mine for RH, RM230 new rubber. Window goes up smooth now. Wind noise during drive also improved.

From the dealer?

Chrix;627658 said:
Alright, the car is already 19years old and I think a refresh of the interior/exterior/mechanical is required.

Some of the issues;

Interior
Door cards - some clips broken
Rear side step - broken on one side
A pillar cover - as usual, broken clips
Fabrics - could use a rewrap

Exterior
Headlamp glass - stone chipped to hell
Fog lamp - stone chipped to hell + broken bracket

Mechanical
Engine head - leaking a little
Sensor plugs - plastic bits are destroyed
Bushing - i guess they are worn & require replacing

That should be it..

Would like to seek you guys advise on the cost & place to repair/replace the items mentioned.

Cheers :top:

no pictures of the beast, not camera =(

bro u managed to get the headlamp glass replaced??

unstopables_7;820125 said:
Bro,

The headlight outer lens is not cheap. Send e34_lover a PM, I can't remember how much he paid for his.

unstopables_7;820125 said:

Nope, the cost alone is super prohibitive in my opinion at least.

Might be worth to look for entire headlamp (with reasonable glass condition) & swap the front glass THEN, resell..? A roundabout way I know.. lol

the glass should be around rm130- 150 per side, hard to get good condition used headlamps nowadays.

Can the headlamp be clean by a chemical or anything? My left is blurry but the right is still clear.
Anyone can suggest how to make both clear again.

Chrix;627658 said:
Alright, the car is already 19years old and I think a refresh of the interior/exterior/mechanical is required.

Some of the issues;

Interior
Door cards - some clips broken - i got my clips at AB. Can't recall the price but it's between .50 - rm1 each.
Rear side step - broken on one side - Got my replacement at kedai potong. Rm50 / side.
A pillar cover - as usual, broken clips - Old price was about rm250/piece brand new. Went and asked at ST Auto, Jalan Ipoh
Fabrics - could use a rewrap

Exterior
Headlamp glass - stone chipped to hell
Fog lamp - stone chipped to hell + broken bracket - Non ori brand new, i got For Rm 160 each last time. Glass not plastic.

Mechanical
Engine head - leaking a little - BMW has for overhaul seal and gasket kits. I've asked at ST Auto before. E39 M52b28 kit sells below RM 800 last time they quote me. I asked for a friend's car
Sensor plugs - plastic bits are destroyed
Bushing - i guess they are worn & require replacing - I've replaced all on my ride. Should set aside RM3-4k. Labor intensive work. Expect overnights in the workshop. Afterwards, sure shiok one.. Can also consider using polyurethane bushings.

That should be it..

Would like to seek you guys advise on the cost & place to repair/replace the items mentioned.

Cheers :top:

no pictures of the beast, not camera =(

Bro, hope my comments in italic and underline above helps.

Tq.

silbizkit;822682 said:
Can the headlamp be clean by a chemical or anything? My left is blurry but the right is still clear.
Anyone can suggest how to make both clear again.

Not familiar with any chemicals which work on glass. But my guess would be very harmful/powerful acids...which could result in your headlamp glass being more shit that it already is....but what do I know? But I do hear/read horror stories of people using store bought "watermark remover" which in turned caused their glass to be permanently.

HaqimRashid - Thanks for the info. Regarding the head leaking, I have already remedied that with a M52 :top:

Door cards

Hi Haqim,
My name is Frank and I am a newbie. Can you kindly tell me where is AB as I would like to purchase some clips for my door cards.

Frankong7;843694 said:
Hi Haqim,
My name is Frank and I am a newbie. Can you kindly tell me where is AB as I would like to purchase some clips for my door cards.

Lemme help a fellow newbie out here.. I think what he meant was actually BA, which is short for Bavarian Auto, a parts stockist with locations all over Klang Valley.

http://www.bavarian.com.my/index.php?p=branches

Alternately, it could actually be AB which stands for Auto Bavaria, BMW dealer. Advice from me is to get your parts from Bavarian Auto.

Good luck with your BMW experience.

V-Man;844303 said:
your ride on sale Chrix ?

Yea.. priority is family for the moment. Need more seats & storage space.. hope can save enough moolah to get a used mpv.

Price is nego for BMWC fellas of course ;)

V-Man;844303 said:
your ride on sale Chrix ?

Yea.. priority is family for the moment. Need more seats & storage space.. hope can save enough moolah to get a used mpv.

Price is nego for BMWC fellas of course ;)

Top Bottom