Recommendation : MF Battery for E46....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i heard Delkor also good, i think E46 using Din 85 or 86 if not mistaken, around RM 460

This is just something I'd like to share with other E46 owners. It may not be true but might help in some ways.

My car is a 2003 E46Ci and I bought it in 2006. The battery is an original low maintenance one. I've been told that it's a manufacture battery, which originally comes with the car.

Recently, I had some problems starting the car but it was due to my long absence from starting and driving it. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make here is that another sign to show that it's time to change the battery is the coloured monitor / screen. I've just noticed that the colour will change to some abnormal colours when I didn't start the car for the last 2 days, prior to today.

I'm not entirely certain that this is a sign but it could possibly be an indication of a weak battery, although the sign on the battery itself is positive. The colour changed back to normal when I've driven it around for approximately 1 hour. Could anyone confirm this?

Changed my OEM BMW 525i battery recently using Century MF12 Din66 and costing me RM240.
Works a treat, got it delivered and installed for free from this guy Vincent Ng (0173841229) in PJ
Although these MF batteries will generally last 2yrs, why pay over500 RM for a top quality imported battery?
Just change it every 2 yrs and still get some money leftover after 4 yrs. Money hard to earn during financial crisis.
If these batteries are not misused (overloaded with hi-powered amps.etc.) they may last even longer than 2 yrs.

Wglee,

don't lah spoil this thread by attaching too many quotes.

Moderator, your kind assistance is highly recommended here.

Now back ti the topic... You can get good battery direct from its dealer. I prefer BOSCH.
Got a DIN 55 at RM250 only early this year, the economic one(S3 ?). The top of the line (Silver) would be around RM400
The dealer quoted RM380 for DIN 66 Bosch MF Battery.
If you buy at regular shop, sure ken chop off ~RM600

BTW, the euro wiper blade are also sold by BOSCH Dealer at RM60 only/pc.
Saw the same thing sold at RM100++ at accessories shop :)

hi guys
how to know the battery need to be replaced before it fails ? Mine is around 3 years old. tks

For MF battery, there is an indicator on the battery that will indicate its condition.
If you find it difficult to crank, than your battery is going out ... also maybe your alternator is not charging it.

3 years is a long time for a battery ... mine usually last 13 ~ 18 months only ... for a daily drive car.

True.. nowadays battery last the most is 2 years, unless you install any volt stablizer to enhance and prolong the battery life...
If those want car battery, i can also recommend a few dealer which is much cheaper..like Bosch.
Pm me.

Normally its good that you have a digital voltage to monitor your car, in terms of when will the battery weak. Got to know from a friends, that he is selling quite resonable price in car battery and volt meter.
No installatino but what the heck, is cheaper.
Bought DIN66 Bosch S3 rm275 for my dads car.
His contact:012-2082330.
Pm me if you want to know more about what battery he provide coz he got a website for reference.

Top Bottom