Recommendation : MF Battery for E46....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

leakwoon

Club Guest
:D guys need ur input n sharing preferable with brand / price / where to get + installationTQ TQ :yahoo:

i am using delkor din55 price is around rm200 plus if i am not wonrg did it in my fren shop in cheras..maintanence free battery.

but i heard normally if u go car accesories shop

u ask for beemer 3 series

sure kena chop about RM600++

:(

anyone mind to share more??

I use Delkor batteries in all of my cars. Its one of the most reliable batteries around and they make MF batteries for other OEM brands. DIN55, as fitted in E30, retails around RM280.

i agreed DELCO is a good brand for MF batt.

So i just go to any spare part car shop to ask for DELCO batt for e46??

for the E46/E36, you should get a DIN 66 MF battery.

I am using Delkor. Costed me about RM300 when it first came out. Now it's about RM200++.
Other brands available include Century, AAM-brand and many others.
Make sure you get one that comes with the status indicator.

Originally posted by leakwoon@Mar 15 2006, 12:51 AM
i agreed DELCO is a good brand for MF batt.

So i just go to any spare part car shop to ask for DELCO batt for e46??
leakwoon,

Theres a difference between Delkor and AC Delco. Delkor is made in Korea.
Also beware of some brands that claims that their battery is MF - actually they are low maintenance. A true MF battery does not have caps at the top to refill the battery water. Some low maintenance batteries hide the caps under a sticker and claim that it is MF.

if u read manual

if the batt is weak.....our indicator should light on

but how realiable is tis sensor

imagine u go watch mid nite show

2am...ur flashing UDM cant start the car

n u with a chun chix

ohh my god

if i m not mistaken ... the original battery comes with E46 is VARTA DIN 66 LM(low maintenance) which still need to be refill with battery water.
Original 1 at least can be last for 4- 5 years if under normal usage.

few months ago i help one of my fren to buy a VARTA DIN 66 MF (maintenace free) RM 650.00 from a Varta dealer. i think AB sell around RM 700 ++ for low maintenace 1 .

is not expensive for a battery that can be last for 4-5 n save all those workmanship.

just my 2centsss...

:D

I did not know that we need to refill the battery. I thought our E46 cars were fitted with MF ones.

Hmm... I haven't had to maintain the battery for the past 4+ years... Sure its a LM instead of an MF? I am pretty sure that you do not need battery water for the battery, or need to maint it (per owners manual) and its an all season battery which is also good for sub freezing climates where a lead acid one will not work.

My original E46 battery which came with the car when I bought it new lasted 4.5 years without me paying any attention to it whatsoever, let alone topping up, before it finally gave up.

I bought a new BMW battery from AB at RM600+. It comes with a 2 year warranty. The circumstances did not allow me to do any research before I purchased the battery and so I wonder if there's an aftermarket equivalent at a cheaper price out there?

Originally posted by wglee@May 27 2006, 10:47 AM
My original E46 battery which came with the car when I bought it new lasted 4.5 years without me paying any attention to it whatsoever, let alone topping up, before it finally gave up.

I bought a new BMW battery from AB at RM600+. It comes with a 2 year warranty. The circumstances did not allow me to do any research before I purchased the battery and so I wonder if there's an aftermarket equivalent at a cheaper price out there?
ya .. with RM 650.00 u r able to buy a VARTA DIN 66 MF (maintenace free

) instead of LM (low maintenace). :D

is not an aftermarket brand, is exactly the same model n spec with the

original 1 , is just that without the BMW logo on the battery.

Any kawan here want the battery for all kind of Varta brand, PM me n i wil

help to get 1, no need commision la, just a cup of Teh tarik wil b satified.

:D

p/s : not in urgent circumstances like broke down middle of highway .. or

on top of the hill ... i wil need few days to got it from the dealer.

Top Bottom