Rear axle/diff leaking. Advice needed.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Galaxy7

Club Guest
How much the estimate total cost to change the real axle oil seal? What else need to be changed/checked?? Ex. Bushes, O-ring and etc??? How much the axle oil price? Can get from BA? Good workshop to fix this problem nearby my location?? First time for me facing this problem. Feel free to share your experience guys. Tq in advance.

Galaxy7;733625 said:
How much the estimate total cost to change the real axle oil seal? What else need to be changed/checked?? Ex. Bushes, O-ring and etc??? How much the axle oil price? Can get from BA? Good workshop to fix this problem nearby my location?? First time for me facing this problem. Feel free to share your experience guys. Tq in advance.

Cheap fix bro glaxy... For 6 pot model, the axle fluid required is 1.7 liters and 1.1 liters for 4 potters.
Since yours is leaking, change the o ring as well. Castrol also produce axle oil. in terms of costing, it depends on the damage u had. anyway try ask around of the price for 1 liter axle fluid so you'll know if workshop want to ketuk you

It's a cheap fix but require a good workshop who knows. Over tighten the output shaft will eventually kill your diff.

One workshop quoted me RM350 for workmanship to fix this problem. Parts price not included. Is it resonable?

Galaxy7;734003 said:
One workshop quoted me RM350 for workmanship to fix this problem. Parts price not included. Is it resonable?

How much the price for diff seals?

Top Bottom