Radio Frequency.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

william.cts

Club Guest
Hi, i have encounter a problem with the radio on this car...It can only scan the odd numbers... for example... 98.7 then 98.9.. and so on... But most of the chinese radio station are in even numbers.. 98.8 (for e.g.)Do you know how to get this fix??? Or do i need to send it to accessories shop to modify anything??

try it on my E46 and it work. "Business version"

Procedure is as follow:-

1. Off the radio when the ignition is turn to "accesories" position.
2. Turn on the radio by pressing the "ON" key. Keep holding the "M" key within 10 second after the radio is turn on until you see the LED display on the radio display the serial number.
3. After the serial number is display, press hte "+" key until you see the area. Your display should display "Japan".
4. Press "1" for USA, "2" for Europe, "3" for Japan or "4" for "Ocenic".
5. To set the key, I think you just the "On" button again or something like that..

Thank for the links by other forummer.. (ron and shaifulo)

BTW, when you set the clock on the display dashboard, the time on the radio will also follow the time shown on the dashboard.

jarance;387354 said:

2. Turn on the radio by pressing the "ON" key. Keep holding the "M" key within 10 second after the radio is turn on until you see the LED display on the radio display the serial number.
3. After the serial number is display, press hte "+" key until you see the area. Your display should display "Japan".
5. To set the key, I think you just the "On" button again or something like that..

BTW, when you set the clock on the display dashboard, the time on the radio will also follow the time shown on the dashboard.

errr......bro...silly question...but can you tell me how to change the time on my clock display?
:rolleyes:

Daiichi,

The knob on the right hand side on your meters. Press it and turn to the right to increase left to decrease. First have to set your display to clock function first.

merz_e46;582156 said:
how about e46 09/1999..business version..can it works?

Same question, does this work on a pre 2000 model? Tried yesterday on my car but there was no option for Area...anyone can advice?

Prinze;582227 said:
Same question, does this work on a pre 2000 model? Tried yesterday on my car but there was no option for Area...anyone can advice?

bro what type of display did you get?

You should get something like this.

Press 4 for OCE
CopyofP1020553.jpg

or Press 3 for Japan
CopyofP1020552.jpg

If I can recall correctly, if you select the Oceania region, you will get the Mute button appearing on those buttons with the '- -' marking. Those buttons with the '- -' are customizable to different function depending on the region you select. I have the Mute button setup as I frequently use this mode whenever I take a phone call.

jarance;582230 said:
bro what type of display did you get?

You should get something like this.

Press 4 for OCE
CopyofP1020553.jpg

or Press 3 for Japan
CopyofP1020552.jpg

Jarance, the problem is i dont even get to that menu. After I do the 'm' for 8 seconds, the model number appears. Followed by DSP, then radio frequency etc and at the end display would show as though it was testing the display pixel. Never can I get the Area function...will try to take some photo.

Daiichi..

I also have same problem like prinze..
After I do the 'm' for 8 seconds, the model number appears. Followed by DSP, then radio frequency etc and at the end display would show as though it was testing the display pixel. Never can I get the Area function..My car model 06/1999

jarance;387354 said:

bro..i found this sc 03-98 44..what it means..after sn is display..i cant see the area

merz_e46;582664 said:
bro..i found this sc 03-98 44..what it means..after sn is display..i cant see the area

does your radio have the '- -' button which is after the number 6 button to the right? There should be a LCD display above that '- -' button.

Daiichi;582804 said:
does your radio have the '- -' button which is after the number 6 button to the right? There should be a LCD display above that '- -' button.

Daiichi, I think that may be the difference. I think if car is manufacture before Sept 2000 or something its a different model. Mine doesn't have the "-" sign and it does not show the Area function.

Prinze;582312 said:
Jarance, the problem is i dont even get to that menu. After I do the 'm' for 8 seconds, the model number appears. Followed by DSP, then radio frequency etc and at the end display would show as though it was testing the display pixel. Never can I get the Area function...will try to take some photo.

it happen also with me..i get this SV 03-98 44..what it means?

merz_e46;582826 said:
it happen also with me..i get this SV 03-98 44..what it means?

Not too sure what that means but it may be the reason why you will not have the frequency altered by choosing different area region. You may need to upgrade your radio to the one similar to Jarance's version. I have one same unit as Jarance not being used at the moment. It is taken out from my car E46 325i 2004.

merz_e46;582664 said:

You mean this. This is the Software Version: Mine is SV 19-03 520. Presume is SV Week 19, Year 2003 Build 520.
Your could be Week 03 Year 98 so most probably not possible to change or select the area.

CopyofP1020542.jpg

Daiichi;582960 said:
Not too sure what that means but it may be the reason why you will not have the frequency altered by choosing different area region. You may need to upgrade your radio to the one similar to Jarance's version. I have one same unit as Jarance not being used at the moment. It is taken out from my car E46 325i 2004.

thanks bro about that. so i need upgrade my radio..how much the price for the upgrade? u have one same unit that not being used..can we change the radio so i no need to upgrade the radio..

Daiichi;582804 said:

my radio just show mute button and scan no '- -' button

jarance;583025 said:
You mean this. This is the Software Version: Mine is SV 19-03 520. Presume is SV Week 19, Year 2003 Build 520.
Your could be Week 03 Year 98 so most probably not possible to change or select the area.

CopyofP1020542.jpg

so i need upgrade mine radio..how much the cost..or u have same unit radio that we can change..

Top Bottom