R1200GS 2013 or F800GS

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mcnair

Club Guest
Hi All, I am 175cm in height with a inner leg length of 80cm (31.5inch) and my weight is 78kg. I have gone ga-ga over the new R1200GS however I fear I dont have the right physique for it and hence would have to settle with the F800GS instead....Folks, I need your advise here.... is there an ideal rider height and weight to handle the R1200GS? Or is it all about a rider's skill ? Look forward to your responses.regards, McN

No response to your post after so many months ... maybe not enough bikers in the club :wink:

Would have advised you against the F800GS mainly coz you'd get bored of it in no time unless it's not your only bike. Also your physique is easily more than adequate for the 1200GS. Just a matter of getting used to it.

Anyway, just curious what you ended up buying.

Thanks guys, listened to you fellas and bought me self a Triple Black R1200GS Nov'12 make.
The previous owner upgraded to the GSA 2014; so he sold the Triple Black to me fully loaded..including the Garmin Zumo 660.

So how d you like your new GS? I m considering to buy myself a bike too, but havent made up my mind on which one

It needed alot of getting used to....on the night I collected it, I went to a mall closeby and whilst reversing into a motorbike lot, my right leg slipped and I dropped the bike. Trying to lift it up was a total bi&^%! Luckily, i remembered watching a video on how to lift up a fallen superbike - backwards, leaning your back as close to the bike as possible and using your leg muscles, it came up much easier, and lucky for me the wife was there to quickly run over to put up the side stand and I just threw it back and it landed on the stand....what an experience that was...sigh! I was so disappointed with myself for dropping it, and even wondered if I had bitten more than I could chew here.

After couple of weeks of riding it with much caution, Im slowly learning to handle it better now, but still a long long way to go.

Top Bottom