Query on Purchasing an E39 98/03

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nautica1973

Club Guest
Hey guys, i've been registered a while now and had been reading your forum a lot the last few weeks trying to digest and assimilate what are the key issues to look out for prior to purchasing a UDM. it's been of tremendous help reading what you lot had to say and still have to say about the 5 you all own. as it is, i am also hooked into this desire to own one of my own and it's been a while now but have not quite come across any until lately when one E39 was put up for sale here in the northern region. it's a 98/03 unit and prior to my purchase i've gotten my mechanic to run through a system diagnostics with returns of an A-OK except for the ABS which seems to indicate a possible error code. i shall have the owner see to that. but right now, i'd like to know; what's a modic test ? you guys were talking a lot about it and it's got me wondering what that is.... the suspension systems checks out ok. apart from that, an overall general glance at the engine bay seems to suggest no leaks or the possibility of anything exploding anytime soon in the near future. so, is there anything else in particular that i need and should be aware of before i sign away my life, i meant before i purchase this unit...typo back there. any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.... thanks guys

What model is the E39? Run a vin check to be sure as there's issue on 523 sold as 525. I leave it to the others to fill in ...

hi guys, appreciate your replies. well, after reading what you had to say i did the search on the site and confirms it to be as appears on the AP. this particular model is a CBU UK 523i with engine capacity of 2494cc. everything as per the VIN code checks out ok.

Nice one buddy, peace of mind there.

I had a same one in Silver a few years ago. Fantastic car, loved it, can't fault it but in the end I succumbed to the temptation for more power.

---

Moderator, how do we go about closing this thread?? everyone's been real helpful and i have already taken the plunge by getting myself one E39. so, a heap of thanks to you guys and let's make room for more threads. can we close this one please ??

Top Bottom