Query: If Engine Block Change, what change in Regn Card?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

caizat

Club Guest
Salam & Hi everyone,Recently I have my E39 523i 1998 Cylinder block changed to chop engine Yr 2000 (not the whole engine but the Cylinder block only where the Engine No. are casted) but havent gone to JPJ yet.Does anybody know what JPJ would change on the Registration Card :1. No. Enjin2. No Casis 3. No.Model4. Keupayaan Enjin5.Tahun Dibuat6. Tarikh PendaftaranOr would they issue a new card or issue attachment. In my case, I only change the Cylinder block where the Engine No. are casted, Would all the not related no. are affected also? I'm curious.Another thing my car is not factory tinted...would I need to tear the tinted b4 sending to JPJ for inspection...takut tak lulus...:pTolong anyone info me...TQ in advanceTok Pa

I think it should be fine.Send it to Puspakom only when you want to sell you car.Not necessary to do anything to your car before sending it to Puspakom,the inspector there will tell you what to do.

All you need to do is to get someone to engrave your old engine number to your new engine block.

Betul ke?

Hi and Thanks zzzaaron, I might do that but I need some info from those who had the same problem to get myself prepared for all circumstances...

Hi Tamade7, betul ke boleh buat, It is not against the law? Tho' I am old but I'm really ignorant abt this, never happen like this to my previous cars. I have a mixed feeling abt this.

Maybe someone can tell me whether I really need to send to JPJ at all, after all the chasis is still the same old one. Like when u respray yr car to other colour, by right you have to inform JPJ but many didnt do that.

If there is someone out there who had done it, appreciate for some info.

Thanks guys.

Bro, don't engrave the number. Its illegal. Even worse, people might argue its a stolen car..

I say better go through proper channel.. :)

unkle,

1/ the legal way: if ur replacement engine is legal ie got custom paper n all, then its betta u register it, ie go to puspakom->jpj etc.. after all ur still using same cc engine, so no additional roadtx.. or just keep the papers till u wanted to sell the car/change ownership then u persue with jpj...

2/ the other "legal" way u cud get somebody to "knock" the new block wit d old engine no. how affective... no comment... if get caught u only loose 1 e39 oni... hopefully they dont blacklist ur name :confused:

:cheers:

Thanks everyone.

I have all the custom papers etc and will go thru' d headache at Puspakom and JPJ lah s soon s possible, bcos some friends outside said that incase of roadblock or accident (touch wood!) even with papers pun susah lo...

Okay guys..thanks again.

Changing engine block is just like changing whole engine as the number is there, don't take risk as I have gone thru hell years back, I met back to back accident with 6 cars and I was No. 5, keeping to myself until my car was at the workshop when the insurance man check and then I told them I change the engine and haven't gone to JPJ for the change, they still gave me chance asking me to do it but I was busy then so I don't claim for the accident claim and the workshop had charge exorbitant price for the repair where I change what ever damage no knocking at all but I was charge 2.5k for 2nd hand panels bumpers and bonnet without paint job. That was fine but I was angry with the insurance company till today I don't do any claims and my NCD was max 55% they charge me as new saying I claim for the accident ( don't use P & O) they are the crooks, I got no time to go to their office so it was just on and on till now for years from square one but I stop the business with them and make sure all my cars and families no more deal with them. So for your case get a runner to do it for you still your car got to go to puspakom they will just change the engine No. only at the papers cost just around $150 all in if I am not wrong and that's in Seremban. I did't go to JPJ or puspakom all done by my runner as he is my friend and a car lover too.

If you take your car to Puspakom with the tint, they may tear it off or slash it. Several forummers kena before. If you dont want to take a chance maybe hire a runner to take care of everything for you or ask the workshop to arrange one.

kacman;422494 said:
Bro, don't engrave the number. Its illegal. Even worse, people might argue its a stolen car..

I say better go through proper channel.. :)

Depends... Is it easy to idiscover?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the useful info.

But now is another story and lucky thing I didnt change yet cos the engine overheated and now looking for engine block for Model 523i-2.5L M52B25 I6.125kw Single Vanos production 1999 and above.

According to my workshop is not easy to find such engine production 1998 and above from kedai potong. If Anyone knows which kedai potong yg byk BMW engine with reasonable price please PM me. I really need the replacement cos my car in the workshop for one week already.

I am closing this thread and have started a new one on my problem, so thanks again guys.

Tok Pa

caizat;422814 said:
Thanks everyone.

I have all the custom papers etc and will go thru' d headache at Puspakom and JPJ lah s soon s possible, bcos some friends outside said that incase of roadblock or accident (touch wood!) even with papers pun susah lo...

Okay guys..thanks again.

It would be very advisable for you to bring your car and all the relevant documents to PUSPAKOM and have it inspected. Then bring your Registration Card (RC) and the PUSPAKOM inspection report to JPJ; JPJ will just make the changes on your RC. Then fax the JPJ-endorsed RC to yr insurance company for its endorsement. Yr problem will be settled.

Otherwise, your insurance policy will not be valid (because it will have the old engine number) and you will have a lot of problem if you meet with any accident (touch wood!!). So better be safe then sorry bro...

Your tinted glass is another matter. Maybe sending it thru a runner may help but noticing yr predicament, the runner may cost you a little bit more.

Best of luck, bro.....

and

Top Bottom