project e30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

covert

Club Guest
guys just wondering,when we do m50 convertion can stock rear diff be use with it, or is it a must to to use m50 one(just for 5 stud looks or performance) tqps: e34 m50b25, dont shoot me, i ask bcoz lack of knowledge

You can only use the E30 diff. So using the stock ones will be ok. Only thing to look out for is the ratios.

thx alvin,could not really grasp the ratio thingy, but i'll try to understand more of it,by the way mine is auto

If yours is an auto currently, chances are you need a lower diff. Try swapping with a 3.25 ratio diff for optimum performance. The original 320i with manual tranny has a 3.45 ratio which is okie but your top speed will be limited to less than 230km/hr :nyehehe:

sorry albundy got mix up,so i need to use 3.25 diff for optimum performance, if im going to use m50 auto gbox with stock e30 320i auto rear diff, gotcha tq

hah... :lol: finally dicide to do it huh... good choice man..!! B)

ok...you have use the bigger E30 casing for the conversion. and the ratio of 3.25 shud be ok . B)

keep us posted okay..??

i hava 3.25 lsd if you want it but you still need the e30 big casing cover right zoggee?

Originally posted by covert@Sep 1 2005, 11:16 AM
thx alvin,could not really grasp the ratio thingy, but i'll try to understand more of it,by the way mine is auto
if you want to understand a bit more about the rear diff, lsd and ratio just click the link below and read through the topic.

All about rear diffs

Top Bottom