Problems with my DICE Silverline Pro Ipod Integration Kit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Replay

Club Guest
I purchased a DICE Silverline Pro Ipod Integration kit from European Auto Sources on the 22 June this year. Unit arrived a week later with the trunk harness and DICE unit. I hooked it all up to my E39 and its been working well..well it had its niggling issues thats all well documented on the web. It was working well till the 20th Aug, that's when the headaches started. The E39 would just not switch to the CD interface which is used to access the DICE interface, seemed that the DICE unit was not responding..aka seemed deadI wrote to EAS about the problems I've been having with the unit. EAS initially responded with the standard email reply stating that the unit was out of warranty and they could not service it. I then wrote to DICE hoping for a better response, their response was that the unit is under warranty for a year, EAS then initiated the RMA for my faulty unit. I forked out the shipping fee's to get the unit back to the US, it was repaired and I forked out for the shipping fee's again to get the unit back to Malaysia.It arrived yesterday, I hooked it all up again. This time I was able to switch to CD, able to access the various DICE options like setting the display and input selection. Tried to play some tunes from the Ipod but just received the "ATTACHED" message displayed on the MID. Did a search and tried all the tricks people suggested, I must have disconnect my car batteries at least 5-6 times yesterday alone but still no cigar.This time is seems as if the IPOD doesnt even recognize that there is a DICE unit attached to it as it doesnt display the DICE logo when connected. So its back to writing to EAS again and their response last night was to speak to DICE support. I've written to DICE a moment ago, I'm waiting for their response now.The cost of the unit was USD152 and the cost of my postage thus far is USD30+USD30+USD30=USD90. I do hope that DICE or EAS can get their act together. I'm writing this to share some of the potential pitfalls when dealing with EAS.So for the time being, its back to listening to the radio...too lazy to reinstall the CD changer and I dont have any nice songs on cassette :love:

Sorry to hear about your problems with the DICE unit.
I fitted an original BMW iPod integration kit to my car.....doesn't have as much features as the DICE, but I'm just thankful it works properly with the audio unit...

The DICE unit is very buggy. Works some of the time, don't work some of the time. Usually, disconnecting and reconnecting it again solves the problem. I have never needed to disconnect the battery to get it working again. Sometimes it could be the Ipod that needs resetting or recharging.

If you are based in the Klang Valley, we can swap our DICE unit and see if it makes any difference. That way at least you can determine it is not your MID or Ipod that is faulty.

Let me know.

In agreement with 525i, the DICE unit can get very buggy sometimes. Just a few days ago, it showed ATTACHED and DETACHED when the iPod is connected and disconnected, no song playing. Disconnect and reconnect a few times, connect with locked iPod, connect with unlocked iPod. Turn off the radio then on again. After a bit it works again.

I also have the silverline pro but for E46.

Have you tried switching off the smart mode with the DIP switches?

Thanks for the offer 525i. I had written to DICE support and after a few back and forth conversations, it seems that the return unit is also faulty. So the recommendation is to send it back to EAS for an exchange. Hope I get a proper working unit this time.

Aidilj, yes I've tried it in lock mode, smart mode, display mode...all same result.

BMW7833, the DICE Silverline Pro is one moody piece of equipment, it will work pretty smoothly for some and for others it causes alot of pain and heart ache. But personally I think its a cool piece of kit, when it is working that is.

Anyhow I'm hoping that I dont have to pay for postage back and forth again.

rpmnut;565533 said:
Sorry to hear about your problems with the DICE unit.
I fitted an original BMW iPod integration kit to my car.....doesn't have as much features as the DICE, but I'm just thankful it works properly with the audio unit...

Hi rpmnut,
May I enquire where you sourced your BMW ipod integration kit and who did your installation? I was told the unit needs some reprogramming of the head unit? How much did the conversion cost hardware and labour?

Top Bottom