problem still there

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yat325

Club Guest
guys n sifus.... my car prob is when i of my aircond i still can feell the outside air thru the aircond vent...even the others car ekzos pn ble bau..ive seal oridi the external air vent with some sponge even the aluminium tape...but theres still air from outside (engine bay expecialy) into the aircond vent..y?y?y?y?:banghead:

hmmmm in a yr berapa kali mau replace bro???? i think last change not yet a year....anyway tanx for the info...

Can't justify frequency of micro filter change, I get mine changed every 6-8mths. If you're usually at dusty areas the frequency differs as well, for those that smokes in their car that will differ too.

may i know where is this microfilter hide? put it behind engine bay firewall or behind the dashboard?
how many of them?
roughly how much of it?
tq!

Havent changed mine yet but according to my mechanic who drives a e36 as well, it is behind the dashboard.
There are two ways of replacing it.
1) open your whole dashboard and replace it in.
2) fold the microfilter into 3 parts and slot it in from the driver side.

perhaps some sifus care to comment. I have been wondering about this as well :)

guys its 5 mins job only....u can see in youtube for the diy....it only cost u aroun rm35 for the microfilter

Before you guys go out and waste 30 minutes removing and putting back your glovebox..the DIY is done on a US car, left hand drive.
On our cars, you access it from driver's side. Remove cover below steering wheel and look for the knob.

^ yes from right side bottom to access...the microfilter is at the middle bottom area...no need to remove dash

If you have already sealed the fresh air holes, you might want to check the rubber boot/bush at the steering shaft (the shaft that poked through the firewall).

I had the same problem and problem solved by replacing the part. Not sure if yours caused by that part.

ya car is simply too fast hence it's unavoidable for the outside of not getting in ...or else the owner of the fast car may sufficate .... :) ;)

speedevil7615;727390 said:
may i know where is this microfilter hide? put it behind engine bay firewall or behind the dashboard?
how many of them?
roughly how much of it?
tq!

Have you bought yours?, and where? (i mean around kuchai)

Mari, DIY =D

Top Bottom