Preventive Maintenance: O2 Sensor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My car FC is about 350km-400km.... is that normal for 328...? engine running n pickup normal but my idling sometime like using hi-cam go up and down and kadang2 engine mati when timing geos verly low... any advise...

quite normal la.. but still some 328's here can go up to 500kms.. depending on ur driving style too.. im getting about 440 now after using Vpower..

check ur MAF/ICV... maybe needs some servicing or going to kaput..

to be honest i've stopped worrying about FC and just enjoying my ride while i still can...

cheers...

sachseelan;378960 said:
check ur MAF/ICV... maybe needs some servicing or going to kaput..

Tq very much bro for your advise...
Just checking up by my self.. found one hos no 11 (refer to pic) connected to ICV loose.... tightened back the hos .. and idling running normal. Fuhh... lega... jimat duit huhuhu....

View attachment 7125

jarance;371638 said:
Changing the O2 sensor will improve fuel consumption if it is faulty.

If it is not faulty, you are wasting your money.

The 02 sensor will feedback the oxygen level to the Engine Management System. i.e. it telling
how effcient the engine is firing by detecting the O2 level. If it too rich, it will reduce the fuel injection,
if it too poor, it will increase the fuel injection. It will also take into account the fuel throttle position and the
air flow (via AFM or MAF).

In the event of O2 sensor failure, the EMS will use a default value and allow you to limp to your mechanic
without having to "breakdown" along the road.

Yes, your modic can detect an O2 sensor problem. If modic say no problem, then don't touch it.

However, sometimes modic say O2 problem but that is not very true.

Want to increase FC, inflat your tyres properly.. LOL

or don't use car...

Bro Jarance..after we change new o2 sensor, do we need the ecu, or the ecu will reset itself? mine is e34 m20b20 convert to m30b35. The symptoms are..
- the exhaust fumed has a very bad/stink smell
- early in the morning, when I first start the engine, black smoke coming out with the stink smell (from what I read, car running rich)
- very very bad mileage..56.66 l/353km only
From what I read thru net, this shows o2 sensor failure..so I bought new sensor and let my mech installed it...
Today in the 2nd day, but it still the same..:(:(
Any idea?

anakin;514448 said:
Bro Jarance..after we change new o2 sensor, do we need the ecu, or the ecu will reset itself? mine is e34 m20b20 convert to m30b35. The symptoms are..
- the exhaust fumed has a very bad/stink smell
- early in the morning, when I first start the engine, black smoke coming out with the stink smell (from what I read, car running rich)
- very very bad mileage..56.66 l/353km only
From what I read thru net, this shows o2 sensor failure..so I bought new sensor and let my mech installed it...
Today in the 2nd day, but it still the same..:(:(
Any idea?

Do your car have 2 sensors? have you ask the mech to check whether the O2 is faulty. If the O2 is not faulty, changing it would not solve your problem. :smokin:

Thanks for prompted reply...fyi, the exhaust is from e34 525 (used), it has 1 o2 sensor attached to it with the wire has been cut. As the engine has the socket and the exhaust has the sensor, so I bought new sensor for her.Albert cannot find a 535 exhaust hence using 525, and it has only one sensor..now Im thinking to get rid the cat..can arr? If I throw away the cat, what about the o2 sensor, will it still be functional?

Bro, this one is beyond on knowledge.. Please some others sifu help on the cat removal and o2 sensors bypass.

Top Bottom