Power Window

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chewkies

Club Guest
Hi,Anyone knows where to get my power windows fixed?Driving an E30...preferably not second hand parts from chop shop nor original parts. Can be totally different from the manufacturers?

Your topic has been towed to the appropriate section, in the future please refer to the main forum page for guidance.
There will be a link from the original place of posting leading to the new place (This states the approriate place).
If this thread is a tech question and if you are not sure which catergory to post under, please post under general tech.
If this thread is a 'FS or WTB' then post in the classifieds.

Thank You

-The Moderator

Power windows are model specific, i.e., the power windows of a 3-series would not fit into a 5 series, nor 7, etc. Not only that, the power window of an e30 is different from that of e36, e46 etc. So, chewkies was not entirely wrong in posting in the 3 series section.

I wonder what was the rationale for the towing of this subject into exterior and body. BTW, the windows would also be a valid subject in the interior and cockpit section, since there is an inside surface to the window and that the power window switches are located in the cockpit area.

While the services of the Moderators are greatly appreciated, :yahoo: there must be some balance, latitude and logic/common sense. Otherwise the users will either give up or simply post in any section since they know full well that the moderator will put it in the right place for them. Seems like a big brother approach to things. :cry:

The implication of having so many towed subjects reflects the level of maturity of our forumers. Is it really that bad? :unsure:

I am not against the towing of topics posted in a blatantly wrong forum. However, as I mentioned above, balance, latitude and logic/common sense is essential, or you will find some of our users migrating to other message boards/forums. I know of at least one person who has moved his attentions to Bimmerforums.com, partly due to this issue

While rightly, this should be posted in the Site Enquiries, Comments and Suggestions section, I am using this as an example and hope that my comment will not be deleted. ;) :nyehehe:

Just my humble opinion. I hope I do not offend anyone in particular.

Thank you.

basically this is a tech question and therefore it should be in the tech section. It is shown where the appropriate place for tech articles should be on the main forum page. Its mainly the newbies who are not sure where to post.

Thanks for your feedback

Below is a snapshot of the main page. This should be clear enough for everyone

Top Bottom