Power Window Motor for E34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

albertsew

Club Guest
My driver side of my power window is not working, when pressed, can feel some minor vibration, but the windows isn't moving.The other day, the mechanic remove the panel including the arm and the motor and it is moving fine without the glass but slowSo the mechanic replaces the white plastic "thingy" or gears ?, after that it was working fine until the following day, it had the same problem again.So i was told the motor is weak and need to replace and it costs RM500 for the motor.Need all the sifu advise whether to replace the new one or there are ways to fix the motor ...................Please help ......................

Originally posted by albertsew@Sep 12 2005, 11:09 PM
My driver side of my power window is not working, when pressed, can feel some minor vibration, but the windows isn't moving.

The other day, the mechanic remove the panel including the arm and the motor and it is moving fine without the glass but slow

So the mechanic replaces the white plastic "thingy" or gears ?, after that it was working fine until the following day, it had the same problem again.

So i was told the motor is weak and need to replace and it costs RM500 for the motor.

Need all the sifu advise whether to replace the new one or there are ways to fix the motor ...................

Please help ......................
albert,

giv the motor a good whack b4 u decide to change it. 2nd hand motor should be no more than rm300 if im not mistaken. or mebbe less..

For less than RM500 you can get a whole door from a chop shop, but you can't guarantee the motor is in good nick though.

Albert,

For less aggro, just use the motor from one rear functioning window and swap it from the driver side one. It works I have done that before. That is, if it is the motor. Sometimes the hinge mechanism is worn out. If that were the case, it needs to be replaced as well. This is no DIY as it was riveted.

Try the motor first. Does not take long for the swap. Driver side, you need that everyday. Rear windows glass is almost always shut anyway!.

Good Luck.

Top Bottom