Power Steering Oil leaks

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

QME7555

Club Guest
Hello BMW Guys out there, I got a problem with power steering oil leaks from the power steering oil fill cap. The mechanic says just change out the the oil filter with the cap. But would like to make sure if that's the case and another problem is my aircondition, when i'm driving slow in the city, it's okay, but once driving above 100 km, the 2 ventilation on the driver side gives out warm air while the other 2 vent gives out cool air. Have anyone encounter this kind of problem.

QME7555 said:
Hello BMW Guys out there, I got a problem with power steering oil leaks from the power steering oil fill cap. The mechanic says just change out the the oil filter with the cap. But would like to make sure if that's the case and another problem is my aircondition, when i'm driving slow in the city, it's okay, but once driving above 100 km, the 2 ventilation on the driver side gives out warm air while the other 2 vent gives out cool air. Have anyone encounter this kind of problem.
change your whole power steering filter (power steering reservior), it cost around 120 only. if u r changing it, flush your old oil as well and replace with new oil, BMW power steering oil is using same oil as your ATF.

also, when flushing your power steering fluid, your mechanic will start the engine to flush out the oil, make sure he place the power steering hose into a half cut empty battery bottle or other similar container so that the oil wont splash all over your engine bay

Me oso the same but after overhaul stereng rack and change the o-ring at the cap now its ok.

On yr aircon, never face that prob. Try Naidu if u r in kl which I heard the aircon king

Thanks guys for the info. I'll change it when I get back and make sure my mech do it right.

"On yr aircon, never face that prob. Try Naidu if u r in kl which I heard the aircon king."

how to go to naidu bro since he lives in miri unless u can fly naidu to miri hehehehe

Well, if I can't find someone in Miri who can solve the problem, it's a good idea to fly him over. hehehehe

Top Bottom