Port Dickson Drive 13th November

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

docrayboy

Official Member
Port Dickson Drive 13th NovemberSuggested itinerary by Diesel, our PD BMW club bro:Suggested itinerary - drive, meet, eat, drive, (anyone interested in hiking up to Cape Rachado?)Suggested location in PD - Seaview restaurant, Corus Paradise, etc.Suggested route - Klang - Banting - Sepang - PD - KLIA - KL4pm- Meet at Petronas station just before Batu Tiga Tol4.30pm- Drive to Klang to Banting to Sepang to PD6.00pm - Reach PD rendezvous with DieSel and other PD BMW friends6.15 pm to 7pm- PD Coastal road drive7pm- Seafood dinner9pm- Back to KLOr also can stay the night (like bro szehoong suggested).....and next day hike up Cape Rachado, then seafood lunch...then back to KL.Anybody got contact for special hotel deals in PD? I read on tripadvisor.com that Thistle is the number 1 rated hotel in PD now.What do you all think of this itinerary? ....Open to suggestions/ideas...Thanks!

the road from banting sepang OK ka ...last there were lotsa potholes every where ....

ICEMAN 13;573688 said:
the road from banting sepang OK ka ...last there were lotsa potholes every where ....

Hi Diesel...any idea about the current condition of the Banting-Sepang road now, bro?

PD Thistle rooms & amenities pretty good. Only problem was the slow service..which I hope has improved since the opening last year. Stayed there on the opening but service was pretty poor. Waited about nearly 3 hrs to check in alone.. Beach wise so so only,very narrow strip of sand at high tide with quite a fair bit of red shale/rough sand.

There's another joint just slightly further down the road..Permaisuri resorts..beach better with decent beach restaurant but quality of accomodation 1 step below Thistle.

If you guys are going there would suggest Lucky Seafood Restaurant at Lukut..famous for their Chicken Curry in a Bun..i.e the chix curry is inside a huge bread bun. Tear & dip into the curry immediately..yummy!!..

Sorry can't join this drive as will be on a seminar 12-16th Nov.

Have fun!!!..

Cheers :)

Lucky Seafood Restaurant at Lukut, Port Dickson.

gregcwho;573869 said:
PD Thistle rooms & amenities pretty good. Only problem was the slow service..which I hope has improved since the opening last year. Stayed there on the opening but service was pretty poor. Waited about nearly 3 hrs to check in alone.. Beach wise so so only,very narrow strip of sand at high tide with quite a fair bit of red shale/rough sand.

There's another joint just slightly further down the road..Permaisuri resorts..beach better with decent beach restaurant but quality of accomodation 1 step below Thistle.

If you guys are going there would suggest Lucky Seafood Restaurant at Lukut..famous for their Chicken Curry in a Bun..i.e the chix curry is inside a huge bread bun. Tear & dip into the curry immediately..yummy!!..

Sorry can't join this drive as will be on a seminar 12-16th Nov.

Have fun!!!..

Cheers :)

Thanks Greg for the info! Will look up Permaisuri Resor on the net. And am ALREADY HUNGRY looking forward to your recommendation- Lucky's CHICKEN IN A BUN!!!:rock:

Ok the goodies in a copper bowl. have to order 1 day in advance.. taste like "Budda jump over the wall"

cheap seafood at "Tian Tian" around 10 km from PD at Kuala Lukut.

Thinstle used to Guoman. BMWCM have an annual dinner there before.

Dont come to corus paradise.. err.. I have been staying there for 2 years now.. still do..

jarance;573884 said:
Ok the goodies in a copper bowl. have to order 1 day in advance.. taste like "Budda jump over the wall"

Dont come to corus paradise.. err.. I have been staying there for 2 years now.. still do..

We catch up with you in PD 13th November, jarance bro? U around there that time?

docrayboy;573898 said:
We catch up with you in PD 13th November, jarance bro? U around there that time?

I will be in PD till mid next year. BUT normally during the weekend, I go back to Klang lar.. :smokin:

Just spoke to someone from those parts, he says the roads from Klang to PD are fine!!! After Banting, before Sepang..turn off into Bagan Lalang and stop by and see the Sepang Gold Coast too!!Have tea at the spanking new 5 star hotel there too! Photo opportunity there too!

Participants:

1. DieSel-with 3 passengers
2. Deep
3. Doc Ray-with 2 passengers
4. Sze Hoong
5. Attenbrough

Participants:

1. DieSel-with 3 passengers
2. Deep - 2 Adults
3. Doc Ray-with 2 passengers
4. Sze Hoong
5. Attenbrough

woooo...sounds interesting..maybe can make it an official drive( 2 cts )

Jarance..why you scared we share your room ahh...hehehehe

jarance;573884 said:

Agreed, Tian Tian is a good place for seafood. Their fish curry is one of a kind and has won a state prize. If anyone wants Mexican, we can also go to El Cactus, very close to where Jarance lives. Seaview restaurant is slightly on the pricey side but good seafood and excellent sunset view.

Top Bottom