Please giving advice for E46 320i engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jerry8808

Club Guest
Hi guys, i bought my BMW E46 320i at few years ago, it's a CKD unit year 2005. Now i am facing a problem that the engine is burn cause the water temp is overheat. i have send my unit to workshop but he said it's totaled, i must change a engine.This is most terrible thing is my life for yearr 2012, aikss, so i wish to ask for advice, i should upgrade my engine to 2.2 or 2.5cc, or should just remain the same engine? is the 2.2 and 2.5cc double vanos engine is more stable and last longer? appreciate for help.

I would say just replace your engine with a second hand n42 or n46. If you could find n46 better. Conversion to 2.5 may be a bit costly.

Go back to same engine.conversion engine to
2.5 need to upgrade a lot of parts to support the
Handling!

how much did he quote you to replace the engine bro? And how long did you drive the car after it overheat?

BTW since your car is a 2005 e46, the engine you are using is a n46b20. There is a difference between n42 & n46 (don't let them tell you otherwise!). To be safe, double check with realoem.com. Do let me know if you need another mechanic for second opinion.

& try to relax bro, i too have been in the same situation. the important part is to get a good mechanic. If not your life will be a living hell. If you are not comfortable with the current mechanic I advice you to just tow your car out and take your time finding a mechanic you are comfortable with. I wish I had done that:burnout:

Go with the same engine or sell the car and get another one :p

Less headache than to upgrade...

Top Bottom