Passenger Side Side-Mirror Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

glock_8

Club Guest
Had my passenger side side-mirror motor replaced and reprogram under warranty.My passenger side side-mirror changes view angle everytime i started my car and sometimes when on auto tilt reverse mode, it pointed to the sky. I told the SA about it and the had it replaced under warranty.Just to share.

HAHAHAHAHAH
I had the same PROBLEM with my car. Although its replaced and reprogram, the sickness appeared again. Even now, when it is "shifted left", means dont want it to tilt, it will tilt by itself. I think its a common bug.

racheltoh;425108 said:
HAHAHAHAHAH
I had the same PROBLEM with my car. Although its replaced and reprogram, the sickness appeared again. Even now, when it is "shifted left", means dont want it to tilt, it will tilt by itself. I think its a common bug.

REALLY!! i wish they could have design it simpler like other car....quite a few times i nearly hit a car on the left lane when i looked at the mirror and see no car where actually the mirror pointed to the sky...damn

Guys,

Just to check, have you updated your software? Maybe this is a software bug which needs a quick software update fix.

During my last service at Ingress, I was informed to send my car in for software update. Physically, there isn't anything new that you can see. However, I do see a more realistic FC and km/h now compared to previously. Also, the servicing dates have been changed.

Thanks.

dont they do an upgrade or software check everytime we bring in the car?
do u know how long does it take to update the software? i may drop by this Sat then..

Gee strange problem. I've not seen this symptom on my car. Does it only affect cars with electronic fold in wing mirrors?

BTW, it takes about 4 hours for a software update.

yeah, it takes forever to update the software. mine didnt behave like tat either!

MSport;425160 said:
Guys,

Just to check, have you updated your software? Maybe this is a software bug which needs a quick software update fix.

During my last service at Ingress, I was informed to send my car in for software update. Physically, there isn't anything new that you can see. However, I do see a more realistic FC and km/h now compared to previously. Also, the servicing dates have been changed.

Thanks.

Initially was told that a software update will solve the problem...but when i took my car back yesterday the SA told me they have changed the motor and upgraded the software. btw i did this together with the first service. Sapura service manager mr charanjit has been very helpful and courteous.

Top Bottom