Paint protection film

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jennypenny

Club Guest
hi,anyone know where to get 3m paint protection films (Scotchguard /ventureshield) or others?am thinking of getting the front protected.thanks.

Vaguely remembered there is a workshop at Temasya (Glenmarie) who does 3M protective film.

I seen the cheaper ones ... if your car is white, you will see a yellow tint. Just be careful when selecting cheaper ones ...

tIANcI;793920 said:
I seen the cheaper ones ... if your car is white, you will see a yellow tint. Just be careful when selecting cheaper ones ...

There are Cheaper once but i will advise you dont use cheaper ones...cos as Tansi said...it will be yellow...Mine have been on for two years plus and it is still white (Am on 3M Scotchguard and ventureshield) i did almost whole car.

Did mine at: www.swcc.com.my

:rock:

thanks guys..

was is expensive to do the whole car? any additional care required?

i checked them out. its so so so so expensive!!

its more expensive than repainting your car......

not sure if its worth it.

its way overpriced here in Malaysia.

Definitely not worth doing it. For that price, why not do a repaint after a few years. Maybe worth protecting the headlights though.

yea. thats what i though also. i get my car washed weekly and waxed monthly. i hope this is good enough protection.

TheTinkerer;795340 said:
Definitely not worth doing it. For that price, why not do a repaint after a few years. Maybe worth protecting the headlights though.

Right! I have put on venture shield for my headlights.
But I suspect that it will go 'yellow' too in about 3-4 years time.
Still RM 280 could be a good investment against stone chips and sunlight, as oppose to getting a new set.

I put on for front bumper, headlight, fog light,side mirrors and windscreen.

http://www.paintshieldasiapacific.com/

Actually, I find the investment is worth.

It happened to me twice, stuck in traffic jam in first incident and waited at traffic light junction for 2nd incident, motorbikes tried to overtake and hit my bumper and side mirrors. Thanks to these films, no scratches. Just to polish away the dirt.

Repainting is relatively cheap here compared to countries with expensive labour ie australia and US..

These things are 'cheap' if compared to respraying the car...
But here in bolehland, it's the other way round.

Anyway, coincidentally I called a 3M product distributor on the film to use on my bicycle frame. She said the film would indeed turn yellow under our tropical sun. And not suitable for headlight...

u can try asking www.raceshield.com too..

yes. i asked them about yellowing too.

after 2-3 years, there will be yellowing. paint protection film in Malaysia is just too expensive.

in the US you get 10 years warranty. in Malaysia 2 years.

the reviews for these clear bras are good. but if it cost the same price as re-painting the whole car and has a shorter warranty.

i think i'd repaint the whole car.

Paintshield give 4 years warranty. Shop located in Glenmarie. PM me if u want some discounts :) and definitely price is less than RM2.5k, depending on cars

to be honest. im a cheapo guy. i didnt even do grooming or waxing or polishing outside. a proper grooming session cost few hundreds half yearly.

i opt to repaint every 2 years better, hehe

jan999;797148 said:
to be honest. im a cheapo guy. i didnt even do grooming or waxing or polishing outside. a proper grooming session cost few hundreds half yearly.

i opt to repaint every 2 years better, hehe

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. The original paint is always far more better than repaint and I
will opt original as much as possible, therefore I will try all ways to protect it. That's my 2 cts worth.

Top Bottom