Overheating

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

maxion89

Club Guest
Hello guys, as the title show my car having an overheating problem. So i know a bit about this troubleshoot about overheating. Fan Clutch, Thermostat, Radiator, Head Gasket leak & Water Pump. Maybe im not list other things. So about the maintenance cost, can someone tell me what is the price for the item that need to replace? Or anybody know other solution about my problem.

do compression test, check whether the cylinder head is cracked. save time then changing items 1 by 1, but result is still the same.. if it's cracked = $$$$. if it's not, safe to say, you are safe from the worst, proceed with checking everything else related to overheating problem.

i've experience overheating problem before. after guessing and replacing few relevant parts, overheating still continue. until one day the aam guy do the bleeding when adding water into radiator. since then overheating gone for a while.
Now, occasionally my engine do get overheat once a while especially if i forgot to check my water for a while.
Difficult to pin point the cause. normally workshop guy will try to guess whats the problem and ask you to replace the part.
what can you say other than yes?
Replaced a few parts before. some new parts, some potong punya. individually these items are consider affordable. but if you need to replace all at one time, the total bill might reach thousand rm.
let us know if you found out the cause of your overheating.

logy;733376 said:
i've experience overheating problem before. after guessing and replacing few relevant parts, overheating still continue. until one day the aam guy do the bleeding when adding water into radiator. since then overheating gone for a while.
Now, occasionally my engine do get overheat once a while especially if i forgot to check my water for a while.
Difficult to pin point the cause. normally workshop guy will try to guess whats the problem and ask you to replace the part.
Replaced a few parts before. some new parts, some potong punya. individually these items are consider affordable. but if you need to replace all at one time, the total bill might reach thousand rm.

do compression test bro. do asap before your engine kong.

During my earlier case. did compression test. no leakage. but overheating keep happening.
But for newer case havent done compression test yet. no sign of leaking visible. no overheating if i keep service the water every weekend.
maybe i should do the compression test again. also thinking of replacing water pump.
some suggested using coolant (bmw coolant only). currently only using syabas coolant.

i also using syabas coolant, no problem... scared got crack on the cylinder head, and water sipping into the engine through that tiny crack.

logy;733376 said:

Well i found 1 problem for my overheating case.. I found that my Fan Clutch is faulty, when press the fuel seem the fan clutch is not turn faster like it is.... Also i might think my Thermostat also need to replace. About my water pump i haven check is it working or not. But i was thinking want to replace all the main that might be cause the overheating. Fan Clutch,Thermostat, & Water Pump. Also check for the radiator.

Top Bottom