Only can move Foward

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

merz_e46

Club Guest
To all BMW OTAI and Master Need help from all..i have E-46 320I. My car got problem like F-1 car..before this is ok. Now my car can move fwd only..no more reverse..i send to mechanic, after check..mechanic said that ur gbx got problem..need to stnby rm8k to replace the gbx.The mechanic diagnose,no electrical pblem,no solenoid pblm..the answer we need to change..we try to change new filter,gasket and new ATF..the answer still same..can't reverse.. Pls..help me on this.. I need drive this car...PATAHHH kaki lorrrr

Gear Box

Hi,

There is a shop near Damasara ( Across the road of Ikea ) where there is ready re-con gear boxes for 6k
and 5k to repair your gearbox and will take a week.

Can pay by credit card

will try to get his number, as my gb also got slight problem but not as bad as yours

check the gearbox position switch first before thinking to change the GB.

Sometime the gear position switch switch is worn out due to the constant usage. This is because this position experience the most tear and wear.

BTW, there is no alarm if the switch is worn out..

jarance;471527 said:
check the gearbox position switch first before thinking to change the GB.

Sometime the gear position switch switch is worn out due to the constant usage. This is because this position experience the most tear and wear.

BTW, there is no alarm if the switch is worn out..

Chief..

Thanks..I check already..but still no progress..May be i will check at KL.Right now me in Kemaman Terengganu..Can i drive to KL?

merz_e46;471730 said:
Chief..

Thanks..I check already..but still no progress..May be i will check at KL.Right now me in Kemaman Terengganu..Can i drive to KL?

Are you the DIY type and have some basic tools.

If you can drive forward and the gear are changing normal, I dont see why not. but you are the best person to judge whether to take the risk or not.

kemaman to kl is a long drive. I think there are some reliable workshop who can check the contact of the gear shift position switch. Usually you can do temporary repair if the contact is worn out by pushing or bend the contact touch the surface properly.

Top Bottom