Once-In-A-Lifetime Project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mizhan

I created this thread to illustrate the restoration steps my 1984 E30 323i is undergoing. Each step may not be the best way of doing things, but they're the best I can afford :wink:Those keen to follow the progess of this project, do visit this thread every now and then :top:Wish me luck!
0001.jpg
0002.jpg
0003.jpg
0004.jpg
0005.jpg
0006.jpg
0007.jpg
0008.jpg
0009.jpg
0010.jpg
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/mizhanazri/WBM/0011.jpghttp://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/mizhanazri/WBM/0012.jpg

Very nice of you to keep us posted. Hope the end result will be a really awesome ride. What are your plans for the E30 actually? Good luck bro!

Eggie86;474637 said:
Very nice of you to keep us posted. Hope the end result will be a really awesome ride. What are your plans for the E30 actually? Good luck bro!

thanks! my plans are quite ambitious actually, compared to my modest means. keep visiting this thread :wink:

good luck my friend, knowing you the end result is sure to be stunning...we're here if you need ideas/opinions/TT/shoulders to cry on :top:

good luck bro and all the best... kalau nak visit kat mana ni?

enkil;474683 said:
good luck bro and all the best... kalau nak visit kat mana ni?

thanks bro.. visitors are welcome. car is at taman industri subang.

Wow thats a big restoration project. Wish you all the best, am sure it will turn out great!

the wallet is on the move now ...and hope it keeps on moving ....all the best ...

Schnitzer99;474682 said:
Salam bro,
i think this gonna b usefull thread for other bimmers...& good luck bro:top:

salam bro.. you're right. perhaps if this thread develops the right way, the mods could consider making this sticky. i am actually hoping this to be an indicator, if not a guide, to those keen in restoring old BMWs.

With passion and patient, you’ll surely get there. All the best in your quest mate and im sure the end result will be worthwhile, worth the efforts and worth the $$$ especially when you are doing it the right way. It will be relatively easy for you as you’ve already have something in mind on how she’ll look like after the cosmetic surgery. cheers mate and cant wait to see her once she's recovered. :)

Get rid of the rust and do the proper under coating.

So what engine are you going to drop into the engine bay?

Slowly, slowly... cant wait to see the final outcome..

I salute you for taking up an E30 restoration project.

It will be a long road ahead, but one that will be worthwhile when it's done. It doesn't matter what engine is has, a nicely restored E30 with a M20 engine will still turn heads :)

Cheers

jarance;474784 said:
Get rid of the rust and do the proper under coating.

So what engine are you going to drop into the engine bay?

Slowly, slowly... cant wait to see the final outcome..

thank you sir.. rust areas will be cut out, welds will be treated with zink coating. most areas will be hammerite on bare metal, before body and paint primers. the M20B23 is being overhauled.. i'm not imaginative here :)

Top Bottom