O2 (lamda) sensor on E34 520i 24v CKD model

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ktteoh

Club Guest
i drive a non-vanos M50 engined model with manual transmission. does the car comes with a 02 (lamda) sensor ?

Urhhh, according to ZODIC III :D , no. Mine does not come with one. Checked another 520i 24V manual, same same. No.

IT all depends on the type of ECU you have on your car. On the rule of thumb, local CKD models wont have any O2 sensor, but CBU units do have. Probably due to emission controls.

Originally posted by ALBundy@Feb 13 2006, 09:33 AM
IT all depends on the type of ECU you have on your car. On the rule of thumb, local CKD models wont have any O2 sensor, but CBU units do have. Probably due to emission controls.
Hmmmm, now I am confused. Mine CBU wor.... Connector is there but not connected to anything. Maybe that is the reason for my erratic idling?

Could be! I have seen my mechanic doing plenty of transplants unto the e34s. Initially without installing the O2 sensor, idling was erratic. Upon installation of the O2 sensor, everything was okie. Check your ECU number. If its a 402 then O2 sensor not needed, I believe.

Originally posted by ALBundy@Feb 13 2006, 09:49 AM
Could be! I have seen my mechanic doing plenty of transplants unto the e34s. Initially without installing the O2 sensor, idling was erratic. Upon installation of the O2 sensor, everything was okie. Check your ECU number. If its a 402 then O2 sensor not needed, I believe.
Will need to go and check tonight....

open loop....close loop.

with or without ....does it make anydifference.???

what do you guys think....do you guys know what me tokin about.

Ki mo hi..!!!!!! :rofl:

Originally posted by ALBundy@Feb 13 2006, 09:49 AM
albundy, mine is Bosch 0 261 200 405. it is a ckd though does it have the 02 sensor?

Top Bottom