noise from power steering pump

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hassnur

Club Guest
Noise from the power steering pump while turning the steering to left or right only happened after replacing my steering rack (with used rack but 325 model which mine is 320). Secondly mechanic using non-bmw power steering fluid and noticed leaking on the connection between the hydraulic hose and steering rack. Can the noise caused by anyone of the above or because of dirty steering pump fluid tank?

Have u check the steering oil level? May cause by low level for steering oil.

Happened to me as well after I replaced my steering rack & hoses. Not sure what's the particular reason though. Noise mostly appear during turning of steering when car is stationary & less obvious during driving. Do check the PS pump fluid level too just in case.

wingzee;782602 said:
Happened to me as well after I replaced my steering rack & hoses. Not sure what's the particular reason though. Noise mostly appear during turning of steering when car is stationary & less obvious during driving. Do check the PS pump fluid level too just in case.

Checked and still within the range, btw how do solve your problem if you dont mind to share here?

hassnur;782854 said:
Checked and still within the range, btw how do solve your problem if you dont mind to share here?

Replaced my pump. Costs about RM900 from Bavarian Auto.

Top Bottom