Next Gen BMW 3 Series 2011/2012

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

haywire

Official Member
Went to my local Tesco today here in UK and flicked through some car magazines...and saw this in Auto Express
car_photo_366589_25.jpg
car_photo_366586_25.jpg
The article can be seen here:http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/250915/next_gen_bmw_3_series_uncovered.htmlTake a look at the BMW that’s really going to put the ‘three’ into 3-Series. These exclusive images show you just how the firm’s new compact executive is going to look – and under its striking body lies a fresh range of engines, including a line-up of super-efficient three-cylinder units.Together with improved aerodynamics, a hi-tech transmission system and integrated cabin wi-fi, it’s all part of BMW’s plan to offer the most advanced 3-Series ever. As you can see from these images, good looks are matched to the clever kit. Mixing influences from the original Concept CS – first revealed at the 2007 Shanghai Motor Show – with those of the latest 5-Series Granturismo, the new 3-Series’ front end is sleek and sharp.Lines from the wide kidney grilles to the windscreen really emphasise the strength of the design around the nose, while in profile, the sculpted sides and kinked C-pillar are teamed with a chunky swage line that cuts through the door handles.While the 3-Series will keep its famous front-engined, rear-wheel-drive layout, hardly anything else will be traditional. Essentially one half of the firm’s new 3.0-litre six-cylinder engine, a new 1.5-litre three-cylinder unit will be available in petrol and diesel form. Boosted by turbochargers, both will produce around 150bhp and thanks to their compact size, will offer real advantages in terms of packaging and weight distribution.Fitted with all the usual EfficientDynamics gizmos – including stop-start and energy recuperation – the new units will make BMW’s current four-cylinder line-up redundant. The diesel is set to return 75mpg and emit less than 100g/km of CO2, for example. Further up the range, a new 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo unit will offer the performance and soundtrack that BMW buyers have become accustomed too. However, to improve efficiency it will be available with an all-new eight-speed automatic transmission and stop-start.The aerodynamics will be improved by enclosing as much of the chassis as possible, managing the flow of air around the wheels and also the cooling air that enters the engine bay. By doing so, the drag coefficient will be reduced to around 0.28. Inside, the cabin will follow themes from the latest 5-Series, but it will take a huge leap forward with wi-fi. This will allow the 3-Series owners to get up-to-the-minute traffic information from the Internet. We’ve seen plenty of spy shots of the new generation model in near production-ready form, indicating that a launch isn’t very far away. The new car is set to be revealed in the coming months, with sales starting in early 2011.
From what I understand they have some spy shots and knocked up that CGI to what it would look like. Obviously not official BMW release photos. However they said it could be unveiled in the next few months this year.Highlight: New 3 potter BMWs! Super fuel efficient I guessWhat do you guys think? Like it? No?

Which such a huge twin tail pipe, more like a fuel guzzle than otherwise.. :D

The side mirror looked very 'cacat'.

Front bumper large side air vent make the car look like SUV. The front bumper lines does not continue into the side doors. Very unusual for a BMW design.

The back looks Lexus-ish while the front looks like an SUV...or X1.

Usually BMWs look quite ugly until the actual unveiling so I'd take this picture with a pinch of salt. =)

Will this 3 potter engine match the current 320i Coupe? Or beat it? That's what I want to know most....it's turbocharged to keep up with the current 4 potters or to beat them?

Looks more like a 'baby' F10 to me.............as for now, I still prefer the Bold looks on the current E90, LCI.

nice..once its starts rolling then we will get posessed by its beauty...

I'm not too sure about the front, but somehow I liked the back of this car.

haywire;517619 said:
I'm not too sure about the front, but somehow I liked the back pf this car.

Yes, i love it too. The rear butt BMW getting more sexy.

3-cyl? OMG. Its like half a legend. Half a man. Ono! What will it sound like? A Suzuki? A lawnmower?

3er;517673 said:
3-cyl? OMG. Its like half a legend. Half a man. Ono! What will it sound like? A Suzuki? A lawnmower?

Its all about fuel efficiently to all manufacturers these days...that 3 cylinder is producing 75 mpg which translates to 3.77 L/ 100km...how efficient is that!

Twin turbocharged it would produce 150bhp...which should be enough for some ppl I think..

Although there always that 3 liter straight six if youre more accustomed to power :D

I believe those who hate it, will love it over time. Just look at the E60. Same goes to the F10 when it comes next month.

Looks like a bad PS.. This is the actual F30 in motion... Heavily disguised tho, but sounds great!

[video=youtube;xGqybEL2FcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGqybEL2FcA&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGqybEL2FcA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

E46Fanatic;518091 said:
Looks like a bad PS.. This is the actual F30 in motion... Heavily disguised tho, but sounds great!

The CGI is based on the spyshot of the F30. If you click the link in the first post there are pictures of the test mule in there.

Very nice.....I want. Time to start saving......aiyoh. god knows my loan won't even habis before this beauty arrives.

bmw7833;517624 said:
Yes, i love it too. The rear butt BMW getting more sexy.

I think JLo butt is sexier. :smokin:

Dont think can afford this in my life. Just stick to my old junk:cool:

initialM;518136 said:
I think JLo butt is sexier. :smokin:

Dont think can afford this in my life. Just stick to my old junk:cool:

If can't afford this one, we go for JLo SG instead..:listen: Cheap cheap nia.

I think the actual car will look great.

Not buying the 3cyl engine tho..yet.Had a Kelisa with a 3cyl engine once upon a time,not a big fan but having said that,this is BMW we're talking about.So it might just be a cracker me thinks..

It's a 6cyl or bust for me,for the new 3er.The smaller engine might work on smaller models tho.

VW has a 1.4 ltr 4 potter twincharge engine now which puts out 180hp and 250NM of torque equipped with a 7 speed DSG for the new Polo GTi which will propel the car to 100km/h in under 7 secs. I hope the BMW 3 cyl turbo will be something along those lines... Should be a blast to drive.

Top Bottom